Litter box troubles

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'm down to my last litter (7 out of the 11 have been adopted out to great families at our clinic!
), but these last 4 continue to have occasional problems with the whole litter box thing. about 80% of the time they use it, but when they were downstairs I'd find little piddles right in front of my toilet (at least they had the idea down pat - my toilet, their toilet, what's the difference right?). I also found little Poop piles close to their litter box, but not in it. I've now moved them upstairs in my daughters bathroom and kept them in their for a few days before I let them roam half her room. They used the litter box in there although someone continues to piddle on the floor right behind the box. Now that they are roaming we've found 4 little random piles of you know what in her room. This time not even close to their boxes. They are all in perfect health, running, playing, been treated for worms, fleas, etc (obviously not vaccinated - too young). Their little "piles" are nice and solid and good color (i.e. no sign of diarreah or anything). I just don't get it and I'm getting very frustrated. They're around 8 weeks old now and the other 7 I had were 100% on with the litter box all the time. Never missed. Is this common to have a few accidents even at 8 wks? Or do I have slow learners? Lazy kittens? They're suppose to go to adoption this saturday and I"m freaking out that they're going to get to someone's house and do their duty all over the house.
Any advice? Or should I not be concerned? For now they are all back in the bathroom with mom. I can't risk messes like that all over the room.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe add a few more litter boxes throughout the house so that they don't have to travel as far to get to the box. Also, if there's any terrorizing going on at the box, there are other locations to get away from the terrorist!

Stephanie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

Maybe add a few more litter boxes throughout the house so that they don't have to travel as far to get to the box. Also, if there's any terrorizing going on at the box, there are other locations to get away from the terrorist!

Stephanie
Arrggghhh....more litter boxes?

If I have to I suppose, but I"m not happy about it!

As far as terrorizing in the litter box (we call it ambushing in litter box
), this litter has been great about that. The others I had always ambushed each other (I discouraged it of course when I could) and they were the good ones about the box. Guess I'll try another box, but for now they are locked up cause I'm tired of cleaning little piles.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is what i would also suggest putting another 1-2 litter boxs, around the house. so good to hear that the other 7 have found new homes. well done for everything you have done for these kittys.