Question of the Day 4-10-07

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever bought anything from an Infomercial? Did it work like it was supposed to and do you still have it?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope, but I have been soooo tempted, so many times!!! I wanted to buy one of the gazelle workout thingies by Tony Little, this wok type thingy that cooks everything super fast, those CD collections they have on at night, I only restrained myself with super human will power

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I haven't, because I just don't believe what they are showing me....It looks too good to be true...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Nope, but I have been soooo tempted, so many times!!! I wanted to buy one of the gazelle workout thingies by Tony Little, this wok type thingy that cooks everything super fast, those CD collections they have on at night, I only restrained myself with super human will power
I bought a Gazellle at a yard sale. It doesn't even feel like I am working anything out. Don't buy it!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've always seen the Magic Bullet (blender) infomercial and always wanted one, but they are in stores now, and I got one for Christmas- it works just like they say it should!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once bought "Nads" off an infomercial. It was a hair removal product that was supposed to "wax" your legs, but be better for your skin and less painful. It hurt just as bad as waxing and only removed a hair or two.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

No, I never have. I can't even stand to watch infomercials.
I don't even understand someone sitting through an infomercial lol
I don't think the shopping channel counts though lol...

Originally Posted by Tari

I once bought "Nads" off an infomercial. It was a hair removal product that was supposed to "wax" your legs, but be better for your skin and less painful. It hurt just as bad as waxing and only removed a hair or two.
That's a weird name for a product.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Well, I've always seen the Magic Bullet (blender) infomercial and always wanted one, but they are in stores now, and I got one for Christmas- it works just like they say it should!
I bought a magic bullet before and it was horrible. It didn't do anything like they said it did so I returned it.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but I'd love to have the Splitender for my hair.

I think I made Jeremy a nervous wreck on Saturday when I had him cut about 6 inches off my length just to remove all the split ends from my formerly layered hair

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I never have and I never will. On either 60 minutes or some other informative show like that, they had actual people on the program who sells this stuff and never has used it. They were the actors who try to sell you this stuff and they actually lie about it, so no, I would never believe any of them.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nope...not that i can remember
and i dont think i really would either, i dont really think all of that stuff is true and like others have said 9 times out of 10 they dont work

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I worked for the Canadian company that developed the concept of "As Seen On TV" products. I was in the marketing department so I literally had to test every single product that we sold and even the ones we were considering selling. While 90% of the products were crap, the other 10% really worked. The best way to tell if a product is going to work is to use your common sense -- if it seems too good to be true, then it is. Anyone remember the seaweed soap out of China that was suppose to melt the pounds away in the shower? We sold tons of that soap until an expose came out on Inside Edition that said it was totally bogus. To this day I'm still shocked that we were getting orders for this soap even after the expose.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't, but J's family is filled with infomercial addicts!

For Christmas, everyone in the family (including us) got a Magic Bullet. It's pretty cool, but I like my real food processor better. J's mother and aunt both have the Pasta Express, and if it comes from Starfrit, it's in their kitchens somewhere. They only buy cooking gadgets from infomercials, so far as I know ... although I suppose there could be a hidden collection of Thighmasters tucked away somewhere ...

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Have you ever bought anything from an Infomercial? Did it work like it was supposed to and do you still have it?
The only thing I have bought, Is my Ronco Rottisserie! It is fabulous, and yes I still have it, and yes it works fabulous! I use it all the time!!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I bought a Gazellle at a yard sale. It doesn't even feel like I am working anything out. Don't buy it!!
I got one of these for free to try out on our local freecycle network. I got rid of it 2 months later. It really is terrible.