cat keeps escaping :(

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she keeps doing it and i'm afraid shes going to end up with kittens, she is so sly, every time i get a visitor and open the front door out she runs and she won't come back for hours, i scold her for going outside but i doubt she will listen, she is a cat after all
i try to keep the front room door closed but sometimes i forget and she comes running out behind me in one big leap i can't chase after her because she is too fast, what else can i do to stop her going outside? i've tried shaking treats but she totally ignores them, and calling out to her but she ignores me aswell.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm assuming that since you are in London you're waiting until the 6 month mark so you can spay her?

If that's the case, you'll just have to extra careful to not let her out. Put her in a bedroom or something so she can't get out or you will end up with kittens, if she's not pregnant already.

No use in scolding her, she can't help doing what her hormones are telling her to do.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with above, but check around at the vets some are now doing younger and if you explain your situation they may be understanding and do the spay

She certainly needs it doing sooner rather than later, she will get pregnant !

Keep us posted

dookie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most definitely get her spayed ASAP...or you'll have more than her escaping to worry about....you'll have 5 or 6 hungry little mouths!! We spay all our kittens at 3/4 months old here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
how much roughly does it cost to get her spayed? if it's over £100 i won't be able to afford it right now... and that cat is so antisocial everytime she goes out you can hear her cat fighting outside with the other cats in the area, she's always getting into fights

and yeah i think nightshade is very much in heat, you should have seen the way she leaped out lol

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure how much it costs, as I now live in Spain, but I do know if you are on a low income that someone like the PDSA or The Cats Protection League can help you
check on the internet for your local one and give them a call. Its an option at least

If she is in heat then she will try anything she can to get out, and the fights are probably the males fighting over her, you know she might already be pregnant
does she do the crouching front & bum up in the air position and yeowls alot ?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet (also in London) charges I think about £80 for spaying, not completely sure about that because I don't have any females.

Also if you're claiming benefits or on low income there are a number of places that can help - try the PDSA and the RSPCA, and if you don't come into the categories of people they help, you could try the Celia Hammond Animal Trust - they have low cost neuter/spay clinics in Canning Town and Lewisham - they claim to provide a service for those who can't get assistance from the PDSA & RSPCA but who are otherwise finding it difficult to afford regular vet fees to get their pets spayed.

Hope that helps

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

I am not sure how much it costs, as I now live in Spain, but I do know if you are on a low income that someone like the PDSA or The Cats Protection League can help you
check on the internet for your local one and give them a call. Its an option at least

If she is in heat then she will try anything she can to get out, and the fights are probably the males fighting over her, you know she might already be pregnant
does she do the crouching front & bum up in the air position and yeowls alot ?
no she doesn't do that but she does miaow a lot (when she wants food ¬_¬), i thought she was pregnant but i think she is just fat because she eats a lot anyway lol i'm also worried about her bringing in fleas from outside aswell all the eggs can get around in the house so when she comes back i have to give her a bath now

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

My vet (also in London) charges I think about £80 for spaying, not completely sure about that because I don't have any females.

Also if you're claiming benefits or on low income there are a number of places that can help - try the PDSA and the RSPCA, and if you don't come into the categories of people they help, you could try the Celia Hammond Animal Trust - they have low cost neuter/spay clinics in Canning Town and Lewisham - they claim to provide a service for those who can't get assistance from the PDSA & RSPCA but who are otherwise finding it difficult to afford regular vet fees to get their pets spayed.

Hope that helps
£80.... hmm i may have to give the vet in lewisham a call, i'm on income support so i don't know how much i would pay if i am on that benefit.

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

did you manage to find out about getting her spayed ?
no, not yet.

edit: there is one in new cross, it's a bit far from where i live, i guess i'm gonna give them a call then.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HUYI

£80.... hmm i may have to give the vet in lewisham a call, i'm on income support so i don't know how much i would pay if i am on that benefit.
Celia Hammond in Lewisham charge £20 for a cat spay, their clinic number is 020 8691 2100. As you're on income support you should be able to phone and book an appointment to have her done there.

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Celia Hammond in Lewisham charge £20 for a cat spay, their clinic number is 020 8691 2100. As you're on income support you should be able to phone and book an appointment to have her done there.
cool, not a bad price
i will take note of the number.

hehe the little rascal is back, it's bath time for her!