Some people are SO STUPID!!!! (VENT)

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe some people sometimes. Today my parents were at the store and as they were loading the bags in the car my Dad noticed a baby (under 6months old) in the car next to his. They watched for a few seconds to see if there was an adult around before calling 911. As my dad was looking in the car he seen there was another child (6-7 years old) a sleep on the floor. Another lady ended up taking the baby out of the carseat because the baby was screaming while they were waiting for help to get there. The kids Mother showed up after the ambulance got there but she acted like it was no big deal to leave the kids in the car alone. The kids were alone for at least 20-30 minutes that we are aware of. She refused to allow the EMT's to check on the children even though the boy that was asleep on the floor of the car was completley un-responsive.

I think the thing that bothered me the most was nothing happened to the Mom for leaving her kids. The police NEVER showed up (only the ambulance).

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bless your parents for calling 911. I don't get some people. I see this all the time in our parking lot at work. Kids and pets. Most days at our store you will spend at least 30 minutes just in line to check out so who knows how long the kids are in the car for.
I am sure that if the EMT showed up, there was a report and the police will probably do a follow up just to be safe. I cna't get over how stupid and careless some parents are.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

Bless your parents for calling 911. I don't get some people. I see this all the time in our parking lot at work. Kids and pets. Most days at our store you will spend at least 30 minutes just in line to check out so who knows how long the kids are in the car for.
I am sure that if the EMT showed up, there was a report and the police will probably do a follow up just to be safe. I cna't get over how stupid and careless some parents are.

It just blows my mind how irresponsible and stupid people can be

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

I also forgot to mention that when my parents got home I called CPS and filed a complaint. I know this is relatively minor in comparison to what the social workers at CPS must have to deal with but the worker who took the complaint acted like it wasn't that big of deal. He did take down the info so with any luck it will be followed up on.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Thank goodnees for some one responsible doing the right thing. The car wasn't locked? What if someone snatched her kids!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Good on your parents for taking action. That p***** me off. You shouldnt have children if you're not going to take responsability *grumble*

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And good for you for filing a report!

I cannot believe that the police did NOTHING!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why oh why are people so STUPID when it comes to their kids these days? Thank god your parents stayed and waited for someone to help these poor kids. I also am upset that the mother of these children got away with this stupid act.

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The worst is those people are the first ones on TV begging to have the public help find their missing children!!!! As a parent I'm outraged that anyone would leave their child/ren alone in public unsupervised. What if the baby vomited and chocked to death? UGGGGHHHHH parents should be held accountable for their actions. Thank goodness for people like you and your parents.
I would almost be afraid I would get charged with attempted kidnapping if I were to attend to the screaming child though....unfortunately that is the way this society is going.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know about other states but leaving a child unattended in a car is an arrestable offense in Massachusetts.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for your parents to call 911 and you to file a report. I cant believe anyone would leave a baby in a vehicle!!
How damn stupid do you have to be!!?!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for them for calling 911. I can't believe the police didn't show up when the EMT's did. Hopefully the lady gets in trouble for what she did, especially because she didn't think she did anything wrong. She needs to have something done to remind her that it was definately not right.

I remember one time I was at a McDonald's drive through and the car in front of me had probably about 5 kids in the back. They were all bouncing around, obviously not wearing seatbelts, and one of the kids was climbing up and laying between the top of the back seat and the back window!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time in a parking lot, as I was getting out of my car, I heard the guy getting out of the van next to me say to the two small children in the carseats in the back"you stay here and keep quiet". I looked at him and said I don't think that is a good idea, he said something like mind your own business, and I pulled out my phone and said, I will call the police. So he got them out, and I started into the mall, but kept looking to make sure he was bringing them. Afterwards, all I could think of was he could flatten my tires or something. Fortunately, he did not, and his van was gone when I got back. I guess it was such a pin to get them out and take them in the mall for a short time, but if you don't want to take care of your kids, ya shouldn't have had them. I guess I'm lucky he didn't knock my lights out.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have never encounted parents leaving their children in the car like that, if I did I would call too like your parents did, good for them-and like the previous poster said, if they don't want to care for their children, then don't have them

but,

I have seen dogs in hot cars in the middle of the summer with the windows only open a crack.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you, for doing the right thing! Unfortunately, the mother is clueless and will probably remain that way.

Once, a stranger left her ~8 month-old baby with me! We were in a toddler park in Berkeley, and she said her older daughter was in a swimming class down the street. She said, "Oh, it's time to get her" and she left without her baby! She didn't even ask me anything, just left.

She came back in about 15 minutes, and I watched the baby while she was gone, of course, but I could have easily stolen him! She didn't know me at all; we had been talking for about half an hour while my little girl played and her baby played alongside each other.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

I have seen dogs in hot cars in the middle of the summer with the windows only open a crack.
Last summer, during the heat wave (about 100 F), some jerk left her dogs in the car with the windows cracked a little while she visited someone at the hospital! The police were called and she was cited, but I think that was it.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

What if someone snatched her kids!
Methinks they'd not call the police but just let them get taken without one word of complaint/concern

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Texas, these stories frequently end up with a child or pet dying from the heat -- even with the windows partially open.

The saddest one I've ever heard of was a parent (I don't recall whether it was a dad or a mom) forgetting to drop the child at daycare on the way to work. S/he locked the car, worked all day, and came back out that afternoon to find the child dead in the back seat.

One time in a store, I noticed a woman pushing her baby girl in the shopping cart, and the girl was just adorable -- sweet little face, shy smile, just precious. As I passed, I said, "Your daughter is such a darlin'!" And this woman said, "Well, you can have her! She's a brat!"

It just breaks my heart that there are so many couples who desperately want children and can't have them, while people like that fail to appreciate the great gift they've received.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, how despicable. It astonishes me how people like that have children when millions of infertile people that would be amazing parents can't conceive