Fingers crossed for Kit and Moo

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It never rains but it pours!
Maisie is off to the vets this morning for her post-dental check up and to see what else is wrong with her, poor baby. I`m hoping it`s not too soon to check her kidneys again and I`m going to ask for hyper-t test and about her wobblyness ( is that a word?! ). She has had diarrhea alot too and is still really skinny.

Also, last night I noticed a lump on Kittys` back. This morning I checked it again and it has doubled in size and is oozing pus. It`s quite big and right on his spine and I dont want the infection going downwards. Unfortunatly I only have one carrier so will speak to the vet when I take Moo at half 9.
Cleaned it as much as was possible before he got stressy at me. He is always a nightmare to take to vets

Please keep your fingers crossed for them today.
Thanks

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a good checkup and I am sending many get well soon vibes their way
U guys are all in my thoughts and prayers today, please let us no how it goes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You guys!

The vet just looked in Maisies mouth and that was it! He was practically shoving me out the door. He looked at me like a moron when I asked about her kidney test and said that they were probably just abnormal before because she was dehydrated. He just said to give her bland food and if the diarrhea dosen`t clear up by thursday to take her back. Didn`t get to ask all the other questions I had.

Told him about Kittys lump as he was ushering me out and he said it sounded like he`s been bitten and they`d need to see him so he`s going in tomorrow morning.
I`ve had to shut the catflap to keep him in. He has spent longer and longer outside since Maisie arrived and that`s how he`s been hurt I reckon. He is so mad at me right now but if I let him out he`s just going to disappear and he needs to get sorted.
Keep telling myself it`s for his own good but he doesn`t see it like that.
Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Thank You guys!

The vet just looked in Maisies mouth and that was it! He was practically shoving me out the door. He looked at me like a moron when I asked about her kidney test and said that they were probably just abnormal before because she was dehydrated. He just said to give her bland food and if the diarrhea dosen`t clear up by thursday to take her back. Didn`t get to ask all the other questions I had.

Told him about Kittys lump as he was ushering me out and he said it sounded like he`s been bitten and they`d need to see him so he`s going in tomorrow morning.
I`ve had to shut the catflap to keep him in. He has spent longer and longer outside since Maisie arrived and that`s how he`s been hurt I reckon. He is so mad at me right now but if I let him out he`s just going to disappear and he needs to get sorted.
Keep telling myself it`s for his own good but he doesn`t see it like that.
Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare.
My vet blows me off once in awhile like that and that angers me to no end. I think it's time you and I find a new vet. Our vets sound like they just want the money nothing else.......

I'm glad your kitties are ok though.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

My vet blows me off once in awhile like that and that angers me to no end. I think it's time you and I find a new vet. Our vets sound like they just want the money nothing else.......

Thank you!

Yeah, I was pretty annoyed but I kind of feel intimidated by them. I`m thinking of changing to the vet my friend uses. One of her cats had a dental done and when she went back for the check up she had a list of questions written down and she said the vet was really patient, answered everything and was really reassuring.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

i'd be vet shopping, for sure!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just catching up on this........sounds like your vet was a tad too busy for his customers today

I think Kitty must have got an abscess
but you can clean them up pretty much very well, so I am sure its gonna be OK and with meds it should sort out any deeper infection

Any signs of Kitty accepting Maisie MooMoo as yet ?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it was a locum but I could hear my usual one. She good with Kitty but always trying to sell me stuff!

An abcess?! Oh, poor Kitty! That must be so sore.
It just seems a funny place for a bite. It`s a few inches in front of his hips.
I had to let him out in the end. He was really mad and just pacing around so now he`s next door curled up on their bed. They`re going to ring me when he wants out so I can make sure he comes back safe.

He is spending hardly any time here anymore, Ann. I can`t stand this much longer. He`s got hurt because he didn`t want to be at home. Even when Maisie isn`t out of her room he still can`t be relaxed here.
What can I do?!
I`m thinking Maisie may have to go but how can I do that. I feel like I`ve got to choose between them.

Sorry. Going into one now. I`ll shut up.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

He is spending hardly any time here anymore, Ann. I can`t stand this much longer. He`s got hurt because he didn`t want to be at home. Even when Maisie isn`t out of her room he still can`t be relaxed here.
What can I do?!
I`m thinking Maisie may have to go but how can I do that. I feel like I`ve got to choose between them. Sorry. Going into one now. I`ll shut up.
aww dont apologise
I know exactly how you feel
Teddy is still horrid with Miss Moofi, when she comes up the garden if she sees him, she just turns around
I hate it. They still fight, he leaps on her, shes underneath him and now he is getting bigger he is a lot heavier than her, so he just beats her up all the time

I am just hoping that time will settle them both, but its seems to be forever even though its only probably about 7-8weeks that we have had Teddy.

Feliway might help Kitty relax in your house. Rescue remedy is another one - which I havent used but I am sure some of our other members can advise

Oh heck I am sorry, cos as I say I do know how you feel - stay patient and we'll get through this together

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please don't give up yet on the two of them. It takes time...for any cat. Be it weeks, months, or years. Things will settle down.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would defo change to another vet, and am sorry you are in a tricky situation with a newbie, I dont know how long you have had teh newbie, but you might have to consider rehoming, sometimes things dont settle down, and if he wont, it is kinder to him to let her go, I have seen the difference in a cat once an intimidating cat went.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so lucky everyone gets alone at our house.... I can't imagine being in a position where I'd have to choose.
I feel awful for you.

You haven't had Maisie that long, so give it time. Maybe it's taking a little while because Kitty was outside... now that they're forced to deal with eachother and work it out, it might go a little faster. I'm sending vibes for all of you! Let us know how the visit goes tomorrow.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Have you checked out some of the threads in the Behavior forum about introducing cats? It might be a good idea to start from the beginning again.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for you fur babies.
My cat Sassy had a abcess a few years back which clear up really quickly as soon as we got him on antibotics. So hopefully that will also happen in your case.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your ideas and input on this one.

I was up half the night and spent most of today in tears over this. Even got someone to phone Cat Call today to put her on a waiting list for a place in a shelter. But.....
Thanks to my lovely landlord and lots of brown-nosing, we have a solution!

Maisie is going back round in the office. No-one uses it and its part of my flat really so she is just round the back. It is 4X the size of the room she had here, big comfy sofa, heating, her own walled in little yard, it`s secure, next to my bedroom and Kitty didn`t react at all when she was in there when she first came.

The landlord said he was changing all the locks when she moved from there into my flat because he wanted his own private space! I owe him big time.

The plan is that Maisie will one day come back if things work out between her and Kitty but he said she could stay there forever if she needs to and he doesn`t like cats!

Kitty went to the vet and she said it was an abcess and he`d definatly been bitten. ( Not by Maisie! )
It had stopped oozing so she cleaned it and gave him a shot of anti-biotics and he`s got pills to take. She said we were very lucky because they`d had a cat in this morning with an abcess on it`s back the size of a fist

So that`s whats happened today. It`s all been very stressful.