Shipping Zion!!!

pearla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I didn't know where else to post this. Though, I guess it could be health related...

I'am graduating from college in about 2 months and I will be moving back home to Hawaii. Can anyone guide me to what I need to do when shipping Zion across seas? I don't know who to call for quarintene- or how long he will have to be in it for.

I have another problem. I will be going to Vegas right after graduation, but I don't know what to do with Zion!? From Oregon to Vegas, then Hawaii.

ANY SUGGESTIONS!?? or ADVICE?
Anyone travels with their cat??

THANKS!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Find out from a VET what certificates of health you need... since your in the US I dont think there will be a quarentine... Do you have family to care for her during your time in Vegas

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

I found this information regarding the quarantine requirements for Hawaii:

http://www.hawaiiag.org/hdoa/ai_aqs_info.htm

As for your trip to Vegas, can you not send Zion home first? If you are only planning on staying in Sin City a short time, and if Zion qualifies for the 5-day holding, then maybe you can pick him up when you get to Hawaii.

Best of luck.
Wow that is one informative link

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really wished I checked up on this earlier

Zion does NOT qualify for the 5 day quarentine. He did not take any rabie shots yet, and the law for HAWAII states 2 shots be taken-90 days apart. I don't even have 90 days left
I'm leaving Oregon in 2.5 months...
My other option is the 120 day Q. I don't want to put Zion thru that. Could you imagine!?!? To make matters worse, I don't live on the same island where the Q is located, so I WON'T be able to visit him ocassionaly

I don't know what to do!???

PLEASE, can anyone give me some advice??

Thank You.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you find someone to foster him while he waits for his rabies shots and when ready, can ship him for you? Do youhave any family or very trusted close friends who can care for him while you meet the requirements?

If all else fails, my suggestion would be to speak with your vet or one of his vet techs. They may have ideas or advice on how to best proceed with this.