Picked up Cat Food Today

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was time to stop by the store for food supply. I got a new Royal Canin (one I remember Charlie's breeder recommending in the RC) - its called Beauty & Fit (for totally indoor cats). It has some enhancement ingredients that brings out the color in the cat.

But more important (with the wheat gluten issue) I read the back of the Friskies canned foods - some of them have wheat gluten as one of the first 5-6 ingredients. So I bypassed them (to be on the safe side) and only got the canned food with NO wheat gluten.

Seemed that the chicken, turkey, lamb ones were the main foods with the wheat gluten - the beef/liver ones didn't have it.

So maybe we should be double checking the canned foods in all brands now?????

They will have to just get boiled chicken breast that we eat

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

So maybe we should be double checking the canned foods in all brands now?????

They will have to just get boiled chicken breast that we eat
If you're just trying to be cautious right now I don't see anything wrong with that, of course and is not a bad idea to be cautious! But just keep in mind that not all wheat gluten is contaminated and not all wheat gluten is bad.

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've got to admit, since this pet food recall thing started, I have been lost as to what to feed my cats.
Before all this started, I had bought a big bag of Purina One, and mixed it with Purina cat chow, I keep a week's worth in a plastic container with a lid, and the rest in the freezer.
But honestly, when they're out of food, I won't know where to begin.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

If you're just trying to be cautious right now I don't see anything wrong with that, of course and is not a bad idea to be cautious! But just keep in mind that not all wheat gluten is contaminated and not all wheat gluten is bad.
DITTO ...

GoldenKitty45 i too am avoiding wheat gluten but I have two wheat allergies if you dont have allergies Just using a TRUSTE
brand should be good