Regarding Points: Who do you buy the most gifts for?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all know it's addicting buying gifts for people here
Are there certain people (or one person) that you buy gifts for more than others? Mine would have to be catloverin_ks I enjoy buying her stuff to either tease her or cheer her up

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree - I'm usually inspired to buy a gift if someone needs a pick-me-up. No one in particular!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't buy too many gifts, but I do donate large amounts of points to people. It just depends on how many points I have, or who I think could use some, or maybe a small gift. Just depends I guess.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to donate points/give presents to people who aren't obviously begging for them, or posting drivel in order to accumulate points, I know that sounds harsh, but I'm a teacher, and would like to think that I can distinguish between quantity and quality. End of sermon!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

We all know it's addicting buying gifts for people here
Are there certain people (or one person) that you buy gifts for more than others? Mine would have to be catloverin_ks I enjoy buying her stuff to either tease her or cheer her up
KATKWIZ is giving away 211.66 points today so you can buy a gift for somebody. Today and every day, you can win points to buy gifts by playing KATKWIZ. Click on link below for details.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely no individual in particular. I give gifts when I feel moved to celebrate, commiserate, encourage, whatever...and every so often I find some newcomers to welcome. Also, I donate points if I'm moved to help someone reach a goal.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love buying gifts for people!

Sometimes I will send one if someone has suffered a loss, sometimes if someone posts something that makes me laugh, sometimes its just because their kitty is so beautiful it touches my heart. I've been hoarding my points for a little while now so I can go on a gift giving spree soon!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wells as im on everyday but do a lot of reading posts I dont have enough to donate yet but I love giving things so as soon as i have enough they will be gone.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow you all are great i have some to gift now!!! I am gonna find someone who dont have much. It will also be nice to repay those that have helped me out and to those (most) I dont know yet just because.

well on the recieving end being able to give and recieving sure puts a smile on someones face. The fact that it can help tell you that someones thinking of you makes this a special thing anyone can do to help someones day seem a little brighter.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I tend to donate points/give presents to people who aren't obviously begging for them, or posting drivel in order to accumulate points...
Well... I'm sure I've posted my share of drivel, but I promise, it wasn't to accumulate points! Sometimes drivel's all you've got to work with...

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't buy too many gifts for people...not cuz I am greedy or anything but because I really don't know anyone that well. I have bought a gift for 2 different people.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I tend to donate points/give presents to people who aren't obviously begging for them, or posting drivel in order to accumulate points, I know that sounds harsh, but I'm a teacher, and would like to think that I can distinguish between quantity and quality. End of sermon!
Don't think I want to pad an exam answer in your class, Tricia!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Well... I'm sure I've posted my share of drivel, but I promise, it wasn't to accumulate points! Sometimes drivel's all you've got to work with...

So have we all. Gotta have some fun.
But there will always be those who post for the sake of posting, to capitalize on things like the points system. C'est la vie! And since they work at racking up the points, they don't need donations, do they?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends, I have a few friends and we send each other gifts to say thanks or just hi, there are other people I send gifts for a pick me up or to say thanks for something random.

Today I gave a gift to catsallover who doesn't usually venture too much into the graphic forum but did a great job trying out our mini challenges in the practise makes perfect thread.

It really just depends on my mood too, sometimes I 'forget' the gifts are there and send a PM to say thanks / well done / cheer up etc and they can be more personal too

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

WELL....that explains why you locked the cliques thread.
Well ExCUUUUUUUSE ME!

End of...whatever that was.

I try to save my gifts for people who have suffered a loss and don't have lots of stuff already.

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~Im new here and there have definatly been a few friendly hands that have reached out to me to say "HEY". Ive also repayed people who have bought me gifts because nobody here knows me personally so when they chose to buy me a gift then it means they have chosen me out of so many wonderful people. Also if I find somebody that is going through an ordeal, sharing a similiar experience, has a kitty that catches my eye, doesnt have any gifts or few....I like to buy them something nice. Also fellow Hoosiers~

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoever needs cheering up or someone I haven't bought a gift for yet.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can vouch for Kenz donating points!! She has given me ALOT of points so that I can buy gifts for members here.
PinkDaisey has also given my points to do that with.
I buy points for anyone who has NONE!!I just look for those on-line who have none and send them a pawprint.It makes my day to make them smile.
I enjoy sending gifts to others FAR more than I do spending them on ME.