So What Did Everyone Do For Easter!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the whole gang over yesterday. Kids, grandkids (those I love to pieces but can only handle for about - 5 minutes). The two youngest 3 and 4 - are a 2 man wrecking crew! Put the valuables and breakables away because they won't survive the onslaught!

Anyway, cooked a humongous turkey with all the trimmings, and told everyone to take leftovers. DH and I only want enough for a couple of sandwiches - that's it! You never saw leftovers fly out of there so fast! I had to ration the gravy so everyone got some!

Anyway, a good time (and a great meal) was had by all! I love to cook, but boy, the big meals are a little much!

What did everyone here do for Easter?

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ate chocolate. I drank wine - I ate some more chocolate. I felt a little sick, so I went to bed and then when I got up I ate some more chocolate. I am just drinking some more wine...................I feel a pattern emerging here....................

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I slept till noon, got up, got coffee, went on TCS, watched a movie on DVD (Tadpole,) ate some potato puffs for lunch, worked on my latch hook rug (35" x 54" Lion kit circa 1986,) watched TV, had a pot pie for supper, watched TV, went to bed.

All in all, a nice, lazy, do-nothing day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

I ate chocolate. I drank wine - I ate some more chocolate. I felt a little sick, so I went to bed and then when I got up I ate some more chocolate. I am just drinking some more wine...................I feel a pattern emerging here....................:lol
SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

We had my husbands family here for dinner, I made lasagna and basically worried about Joey all day
I hope Joey is OK. I'm sure the lasagna wa delish!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I helped with the Chalice at Church yesterday morning, came home, gave Mom and AC (and me,
) their little Easter baskets, got some gifts from my sister, (AC), fixed and ate lunch, then we watched CHARLOTTE'S WEB. Sounds like most others had nice Easter's too.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

I helped with the Chalice at Church yesterday morning, came home, gave Mom and AC (and me,
) their little Easter baskets, got some gifts from my sister, (AC), fixed and ate lunch, then we watched CHARLOTTE'S WEB. Sounds like most others had nice Easter's too.
That sounds like a lovely Easter!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't really do anything. I was gone volunteering at a spay and neuter clniic all day Saturday so I was lazy and cuddled with the furkids.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the kids didn't get up until 9am... which is unsual for Easter (or Christmas)
Deacon walked out as I was making coffee and didn't even notice the baskets. I had to point them out.. after that, it was
After the boys took inventory of everything, we packed up and went to my parent's house. We had dinner and an easter egg hunt for them. Justice went to his dad's for the afternoon and DH, Deacon and I went home and took a nap

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were at my Grandparents (mom's side) with all 30 of us there. It was great, we were able to spend the day outside and I was with my younger cousin's whom I adore, and haven't seen in a long time, along with my dad and brothers

We made 12lbs of hamburgers and 9 packages of brauts and most of it was gone!
We also had yummy salads, chips, dip, veggies and brownies and cake for dessert

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my partners birthday so we went out and partied had some beers.Was then looking forward to 1st lie in since kittens birth when mother cat woke me up to screaming-she was play biting the cats!so now i am so so so tired!but it was lovely the weather was warm and sunny-nearly suggested a bbq instead cooked some fish and chicken...for the CAT!!lol

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well we had dinner here, and it was also my grandma's bday! So we had a big turkey and it was me, my mom, my dad, and my brother, my grandma e, and then my other brother and his family (his wife and 3 kids, ages 2-3-7)
Then after that we went to my other grandmas house which wasnt that fun at all
But thank goodness we are almost done with leftovers

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at work all day, but it was ok. My children brought me some pie at work, and made my whole day better..

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to church, then to moms for a ham dinner-it was mighty tasty!!
Sat around and visited for awhile(got really sleepy,lol) came home, did some cleaning and then went to a friends house for a easter egg hunt and then back to moms for leftovers.........

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I had the whole gang over yesterday. Kids, grandkids (those I love to pieces but can only handle for about - 5 minutes). The two youngest 3 and 4 - are a 2 man wrecking crew! Put the valuables and breakables away because they won't survive the onslaught!

Anyway, cooked a humongous turkey with all the trimmings, and told everyone to take leftovers. DH and I only want enough for a couple of sandwiches - that's it! You never saw leftovers fly out of there so fast! I had to ration the gravy so everyone got some!

Anyway, a good time (and a great meal) was had by all! I love to cook, but boy, the big meals are a little much!

What did everyone here do for Easter?
A close friend of ours gave us a most extraordinary Easter Lily plant with six blooms at church Sunday. We of course thanked them for such a beautiful thoughtful gift while giving each other a very knowing look. When we arrived at home we discussed the fact that we had a very poisoness plant for cats and started looking for a place to put it. Alley does not get on anything like counter and tables but we had to search the whole house to find a place that Persi could not get to. We finally settled on the mantel over the fireplace, which literally was the only place in the whole house that Persi cannot get to. Not a very appropriate place to put a plant but what else could we do?