Why DH should have re-thought the "Lox in a Box"

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those who don't know lox is smoked salmon over cream cheese on Melba crackers. It's very yummy, and we used to eat it all the time.

Well, right now he is sitting in the bathroom with all three boys pawing at the door to get in. The moment he opened the salmon part it roused the boys from their afternoon nap and sent them into a feeding mode similar to what one would see on Wild Kingdom. Being out numbered he dashed to the bathroom to eat his lunch. Poor guy, I just hear munching from behind the door and the occasional pathetic meow from Scratch.

I guess if I ever serve lox for a party I'll have to lock up the boys.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We have the same thing when DH opens the tuna packets. They will come out of a deep sleep across the house to try to get some. We haven't had to hide in the bathroom, but it makes tuna salad sandwiches a challenge.

I hope your DH enjoyed his lox.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

We have the same thing when DH opens the tuna packets. They will come out of a deep sleep across the house to try to get some. We haven't had to hide in the bathroom, but it makes tuna salad sandwiches a challenge.

I hope your DH enjoyed his lox.
He did, once he came out of the bathroom loxless 8-Bit gave a grumpy meow and went back to his nap.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Now why does that sound familiar? We can't have any kind of fish without Jamie demanding his share. Neither of us has ever resorted to eating in the bathroom, though.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Now why does that sound familiar? We can't have any kind of fish without Jamie demanding his share. Neither of us has ever resorted to eating in the bathroom, though.
You aren't out numbered. He turned around and fled because he knew that 8-Bit was coming up with a game plan to get at the salmon. I know it involved Scratch climing up behind him and Dr Claw rolling around on the floor.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awww! The good ole fish radar!

If I open a can in the kitchen Kitty comes running even if he was asleep and he doesn`t even have canned food! He was after my spaghetti hoops the other day!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG that is hilarious
I cant think of anything that I eat that my cats demand a taste of except occasionally they want their cereal

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get that stampede from LuckyGirl anytime I turn on the kitchen light!
Louie however is NOT interested in any of it! He will turn his nose up to most people food, he will however take a lick of vanilla ice cream occasionally....

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

He did, once he came out of the bathroom loxless 8-Bit gave a grumpy meow and went back to his nap.
BTW, Pixel wants to thank 8-Bit for his banana recommendation. i bought one & she loves it!

mine can tell when i open the 'cat treat' cabinet as opposed to the other cabinets... they're all the same, so i don't know how they know!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love your storytelling style!!

Most of my cats aren't THAT BAD BUT Spike does try to steal some food.

Once I was eating cereal while relaxing on the couch and Spike decided he wanted some so he reached out and used his paw to pull the bowl toward him.. It tipped and got cereal/milk all over my lap and him!
He probably thought he had died and gone to heaven- he was lapping milk up like crazy before I shoved him off to go clean it up!

Sometimes if I eat crackers, Spike will try to steal it also so I have to watch the crackers..
I guess Spike is the "food stealer" in my household.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Ah, the day just wouldn't seem right without an 8-Bit story
He's now having his post dinner nap. I wish I could be him sometimes.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thought of 8-Bit orchestrating a plan with his compatriots to steal and scarf my lunch for themselves would make me eat in the safety of the bathroom too! Scary

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

The thought of 8-Bit orchestrating a plan with his compatriots to steal and scarf my lunch for themselves would make me eat in the safety of the bathroom too! Scary
That's exactly why he made his dash into the bathroom. Think about opening a door to three furry faces demanding your salmon. It's a scary thought.