My dogs disgust me,lol.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They keep finding all sorts of dead things to roll in and then they want to come inside! *gags*

That smell is the worst~ever!! I threw them outside for now. I cant bathe them in this cold weather

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not wipe them down with a towel or something?? I am lucky my dogs don't roll in stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Why not wipe them down with a towel or something?? I am lucky my dogs don't roll in stuff.
This is like their ultimate favorite past time!!

Oh yeah and to chase cats!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they just chase them to annoy them? My dogs do that once in a blue moon. my dogs love my cats!
Tiger isn't too fond of Buster, my hound though. He will bark at him sometimes and he gets mad if he gets pegged in the nose.
Miagi will pick on the dogs sometimes, Buster and him are buddies.
and Tiger will chase my 10 year old black lab mix around the house and rub up against him.. it's sooo sweet.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Do they just chase them to annoy them? My dogs do that once in a blue moon. my dogs love my cats!
Tiger isn't too fond of Buster, my hound though. He will bark at him sometimes and he gets mad if he gets pegged in the nose.
Miagi will pick on the dogs sometimes, Buster and him are buddies.
and Tiger will chase my 10 year old black lab mix around the house and rub up against him.. it's sooo sweet.
Well its kinda weird/funny. They love chasing the cats, I think to just annoy them, and ME!!
But then when its time to sleep, the cats love laying with the dogs.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Well its kinda weird/funny. They love chasing the cats, I think to just annoy them, and ME!!
But then when its time to sleep, the cats love laying with the dogs.
aww how sweet.
I caught Jenny, my 9 year old rottie mix cuddling with Tiger on my parent's bed once.. I wish I would have snapped a picture!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monica, try wiping them down with a baby wipe or a wet washcloth with some MILD soap.
I don't know why they think they need to roll in stuff like that.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My dog, right after he has his bath, goes out to roll in who knows what-your right, it is most disgusting, it stinks. I tell him too, he knows it. I also tell the cats that their doggie went into something gross, just to rub it in so he will be embarrassed. He does it more in the spring/summer, where the dead things are good and rotted.

DDCATS

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been so glad that my dog acts like a cat

Something stinks and he avoids it

He does have some indoor disgusting dog habits though, like crunchy litter box treats

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

He does have some indoor disgusting dog habits though, like crunchy litter box treats
Crunchy litter box treats-some dogs are really gross, my previous dog used to do that, how disgusting.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Melvin just did this later. I had to throw his 94 lb. Golden Retriever carcass in the tub for a good bathing afterwards...he'll probably do it again tomorrow.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

They keep finding all sorts of dead things to roll in and then they want to come inside! *gags*

That smell is the worst~ever!! I threw them outside for now. I cant bathe them in this cold weather
We had a dog like that. Her name was Ellie Mae but we simply called her "The Smell" or "Smellie Mae".

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

Crunchy litter box treats-some dogs are really gross, my previous dog used to do that, how disgusting.
my dogs can't get to the litter boxes since I put a chair to block them off.
my pups are mud diggers, they don't roll in dead things thank goodness!
one time Jenny got loose and found a bone from a deer or something..
I threw it out.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You can bathe them in cold weather. Mine are inside dogs, I bathe mine in cold weather in the bathtub (they never have hose bathes), dry them as much as possible. You can use the skunk solution for any bad smells.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

That is why the kitty litterbox is covered and in a place they can't get to! Dogs are sometimes so yucky!!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I'm lucky, too, one of mine is the same way! My one dog thinks she's a little princess and tiptoes around even clean puddles! This is my rescue dog. Imagine being a lost little kid, and have this "hero" dog come to save you, but go around the long way because there's deer poopy in the way!

I can't imagine what Evie would get in to if she was an outside cat, though. She's such a little huntress... She may not roll in dead stuff, but I'm POSITIVE she'd kill it and bring the SOURCE of the stench inside.

catloverin_ks- where do your dogs get in to the stinky stuff? Out on walks? In the back yard? Or do they run free? There are ways of keeping them out of the nasty stuff. Leashes if on walks, or training them to stay away from it (if you know what it is). I know stinky dogs are no fun (boy, do I know!), I could share of my tactics to resolve the problem at the source. They're not fool-proof, but if you'd like, I'd be happy to share.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

I'm lucky, too, one of mine is the same way! My one dog thinks she's a little princess and tiptoes around even clean puddles! This is my rescue dog. Imagine being a lost little kid, and have this "hero" dog come to save you, but go around the long way because there's deer poopy in the way!

I can't imagine what Evie would get in to if she was an outside cat, though. She's such a little huntress... She may not roll in dead stuff, but I'm POSITIVE she'd kill it and bring the SOURCE of the stench inside.

catloverin_ks- where do your dogs get in to the stinky stuff? Out on walks? In the back yard? Or do they run free? There are ways of keeping them out of the nasty stuff. Leashes if on walks, or training them to stay away from it (if you know what it is). I know stinky dogs are no fun (boy, do I know!), I could share of my tactics to resolve the problem at the source. They're not fool-proof, but if you'd like, I'd be happy to share.
Please do share!!
We live out, so they find all sorts of carcusses and stuff, things that coyotes kill probly. I know they have had possum, armadillo, a coyote, a goat head and the latest a cat body
I have no clue as to where it came from though~they just drag this crap up, and roll in it!! *gag*

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

That is why the kitty litterbox is covered and in a place they can't get to! Dogs are sometimes so yucky!!
I keep one cats' litterbox under the sink, my dog used to open the cabinet door and snack!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a better (or worse) one that that! It is one that so many dog & cat owners have, and that is that the litter box serves as the dog's diner. And then of course the dog licks you in the face! I never found a solution for that. I am happy with just two cats now but I used to laugh and tell DW, who got very disgusted over this action, to look on the bright side: the dog was saving us from having to scoop so much.