How afraid are your cats?? (of your vacuum)

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiousity, are they scared? Do they go running when you get the vacuum out?
Mine dont seem too bothered, but silly Taffy likes to chase me

So what about yours??

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Olivia and Tinkerbelle are a little scared when they see and hear the vacuum go on

But Boris, Theo and Amelia are not bothered at all..they look at me to say 'Get on with it then, Mum" lol

Boris' fave (but banned) game is actually chasing the vacuum cleaner cable as I vacuum.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They all are annoyed except Bakker who doesn't really run away.
When Sheba was alive I used to vacuum her all the time!! (like pretending to suck up her tail!!)

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES! They hate the vacume.. my rottie mix Jenny barks at it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby used to take off like a bullet and hide. Sometimes she still does that, and sometimes just being on the other side of the room away from the "monster" is enough. But she sure doesn't like the vacuum. On the other hand she loves the caretaker's vacuum! When she vacuums the carpet outside my apartment Abby lays down by the door and watches the shadow go back and forth and doesn't seem to mind the noise. I guess so long as she can't see it it's fine! Silly girl!

Chynna on the other hand absolutely loves the vacuum! She follows me around and flops down in front of it and jumps on the table when I'm vacuuming the dining room chairs. She absolutely loves to be vacuumed with the furniture tool. She's 15 and getting a bit hard of hearing, so maybe that's part of the reason. But she's been loving the vacuum for more than 1/2 of her life now. If I leave it out she even uses it as a pillow, LOL

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lily is terrified of the vacuum. Dory will watch it, but from a very safe distance. Molly has never been around the vacuum cuz I know it'll make her afraid of people as well. Twitch & Ophelia(deaf) couldn't care less....I wonder why?
Damita LOVES the vacuum & follows it around licking it.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trace isn't the least bit impressed by the vacuum, he'll sit up on something and just watch it. Peanut is deaf, so it doesn't bother her all that much, but she gets annoyed by the headlight thing on it

The rest of the tribe think that the vacuum is some kind of rabid psychotic fur sucking alien.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both cats are petrified of the big, noisy monster. Sometimes I have to wait until they are awake before I vacume. I pull the vacume out of the closet and they R U N!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leopold, Beandip, Pumpkin, and Pixel are pretty much just indifferent about it. They don't get real close, but they're OK with watching me from 10+ feet away.

Pixel used to be completely fearless about it, but I had to purposely dangle the nozzle at her one day, because I was on a ladder with it running and she was working on knocking us both off the ladder.
I couldn't reach the switch so that was my only option.

Junior,Precious, and Momma are scared of it.

Paisley has no respect for the vacuum monster...I have to be careful to not run right over her with it. She thinks it's fun to play "chicken" with it.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
out of all my cats there is only 1 cat who will be in the same room as the *monster* hehe . the others run a mile when they see or hear it

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sash is not too bothered by it. He doesn't care for it, but he doesn't run and hide either. He's not scared of too much.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitters is scared to death of the vaccuum and just about everything else... Though she is working through her fear of the water.. She's been climbing into the tub when I'm going to start a bath and will sit there till the water just about touches her toes and the other say she had to sit on the sink and watch me brush my teeth! My babys getting so brave!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bean isn't terrifiied of the vaccum, but he doesn't like it too much. If it's on he'll usually leave the room until it's off.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sneaky Pie HATES the vaccuum. She runs from the room when I start it

Mistoflees on the other hand, could care less. I was vaccuuming the couch one day, he was sleeping on it. He didn't even move when I came right up next to him
. I had to move him to get the spot where he was laying.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All of our cats scatter. However, my sister's cat is now living with us temporarily and I have to pick her up and move her to vacuum where she is sitting.
She doesn't care at all.