Nyx is having her kittens!!!!

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was on our bed this morning and we were petting her when I noticed she was straining, so we put her in her box. But then apparently she got out of the box and was wandering around with the kitty half outside of her o_O After it came out she picked it up and put it back into the box though
And now she is having the other kitties there (4 so far, I think!)

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~WOW Congrads! It must be a KITTEN HAVING week! Mine were born yesterday. Yours are coming on EASTER! YAYY so congrads on your new little "EGGS"!~ Hope everyone comes safely and easy for momma~

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats!!!! We have Easter kitty bunnies!!!!!
Well done Nyx. Look forward to an update once she's all settled and had all the kittens.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WOW how exciting! and this is a kitten having weekend!! yay, keep us posted and we want pics.

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YAY NYX! More easter babys Awwwww. Now if i could only get Azella to read this thread.
Wheres my easter kitty eggs

Jenn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Doh!!! Well, I had to step out for a few minutes, and when I came back Jim was like "I think Nyx is finished." :O It was so fast! But, she won't let me near her so I'm not sure if there are 3 or 4, 2 of them definitely didn't make it
We rubbed them and everything but they were just... not moving at all
There are for sure at least 3 alive and nursing right now... Jim said he wasn't sure if she did end up giving birth to a sixth one. Anyway, she's been resting for quite a while now. I did get to see some of the kitties faces but then Nyx sees me and covers them up
I will try to get some pictures later.

Still sad about the other two, both Jim and I are really inexperienced so I feel like there was something we should have been able to do :\\ One of them had a deformed looking head though, like if it was squished ;_;

edit: Jim said that maybe the other two didn't make it because the shelter had vaccinated Nyx when she was pregnant (like a couple weeks before we got her). Is that something that can affect the kittens?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes if it was a modified live vaccine, it could have killed the 2 kittens when born. Most of the time I would take the kitten from mom if she didn't get the sac open around the mouth and break it myself and get the kitten to open its mouth - and let out a little cry. Then gave the kitten back to mom to finish cleaning up.

I do remember one Easter litter (with Easter colors - calico, black, reds) - was getting ready for church. Stopped in to check on mom first and noticed she was straining. Well I didn't make it to church - went back and took off the dress and stayed home to record, help, etc.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats really sad! I hope the other ones are okay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The other ones seem to be fine! I heard them crying and I went to go see what was up, and they were just crawling all over Nyx and stuff.

I guess I should have known, when I asked Jim to watch them when I went to the restroom (...) he looked pretty uneasy. Don't know what he's going to do whenever we have kids :O

Now I am unsure what to do about the dirty towel that is underneath. It is pretty bloody and stuff.... Should I try to take it out and wash it or just leave it? :\\ edit: I guess my real question is if it's safe to move her, and the kittens, while I clean that place up.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by extinctosaurus

The other ones seem to be fine! I heard them crying and I went to go see what was up, and they were just crawling all over Nyx and stuff.

I guess I should have known, when I asked Jim to watch them when I went to the restroom (...) he looked pretty uneasy. Don't know what he's going to do whenever we have kids :O

Now I am unsure what to do about the dirty towel that is underneath. It is pretty bloody and stuff.... Should I try to take it out and wash it or just leave it? :\\ edit: I guess my real question is if it's safe to move her, and the kittens, while I clean that place up.
As gross as it sounds, I'd leave it for a few days, until momma and kittens are completely settled in, and you're sure everything will be okay. So sorry to hear about the kittens that didn't make it...

Let us know if we can help with anything!

lvcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aww sorry to hear about the 2.

Congrats on the babies though