Da Bird is the best!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So thanks to all of you that have recommended Da Bird, I bought one the other night when I saw it in a store. OMG - how many cats can you play with at the same time?!?!? And how many cats can you get flying in the air?

Koko was the wildest (surprise) and I eventually had to stop as she was panting so hard. I think we got her about 4 feet off the ground:

Second wildest was brother Muddy:

Then there was Sage:

Then Scarett (yes, she is REALLY fast):

Then Pinky:

Then, for the first time in history, we got Spanky to stand on his hind legs (he is overweight and this will become part of his regular exercise regime):

And poor Sam (dog) was watching from the side and REALLY wanted to play but I wouldn't let him:

So, anyone who sees one of these, simply buy it.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Great pictures!
What is Da Bird? I`ve heard lots of people talk about it on here and other forums but I`ve never seen one.
How many cats do you have?! I think I counted 8 in one picture! They`re gorgeous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Great pictures!
What is Da Bird? I`ve heard lots of people talk about it on here and other forums but I`ve never seen one.
How many cats do you have?! I think I counted 8 in one picture! They`re gorgeous!
Da Bird is a wand toy with feathers on the end, but the feathers are on a swiveling metal clip that makes it swirl around when you wave it around. It looks somewhat like a bird in flight. I think the clip is the same type of thing that you use on a fishing lure to make it spin in the water.

http://www.thecatconnection.com/page...FR5Shgodn29kww

I care for 13 cats (and 2 dogs). 11 former ferals that are socialized, 1 semi-feral that is getting close to tame, and 1 feral. 10 live in the house permanently, 2 go in and out, and the feral lives outside permanently. To get 8 in a picture is a rare event around here.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow it looks like everyone is having a super time. I going to have to take a look around for one of those...
And that's a great little cat family you have there.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I see! Thanks for that.
Your cats all looked happy. They are lucky they found you!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by troublesome2

wow that looks like fun haha!
you have lots of cat posts/towers like me
I do have a lot of cat trees. Actually have 6 tall towers, 4 waist high trees, and about 3 scratch posts. Plus window perches in the sun room.

Mine aren't spoiled in the least, nope, they are not!!

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^^ lol

i really love this one on the left:

and how your kitty is just perched on it, my smallest cat would use it as a launch pad!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by troublesome2

^^ lol

i really love this one on the left:

and how your kitty is just perched on it, my smallest cat would use it as a launch pad!!
That would be my little Miss Scarlett, at a whopping 7 pounds after she eats, she actually rules the entire household.

I made that that scratch post out of a tree branch and parts salvaged from another post that fell apart. It's very heavy and actually has never tipped over in spite of the fact that they launch themselves off it all the time.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How did you keep poor Sam from trying to play, too? Whenever I got out my Da Bird(back before the cats killed it)...both my dogs would be right there wanting to play, too!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to get a Da Bird, but unfortunately they don't sell them in the UK

It looks like great fun though, you have beautiful kitties!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

How did you keep poor Sam from trying to play, too? Whenever I got out my Da Bird(back before the cats killed it)...both my dogs would be right there wanting to play, too!
Sam and Spike have been terrible deprived of cat toys their entire lives. All we need to say to them is: "this is a kitty toy, not a doggy toy" and they simply back off. Not that they are happy about it, but they are very well behaved dogs.

I did buy a replacement "bird" for when the original gets killed. I'm betting its not going to last thru too many play sessions.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

It looks like great fun though, you have beautiful kitties!
Thank you! I think they are pretty gorgeous myself. Nope, I'm not biased at all!!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

nice action pics , i got one of those, and mine wont play with it.
I've tried every toy you can think of, and Dusty just won't play. She is a real lover girl though, so it's not all bad!

I think she's smart enough to know that a toy isn't prey, so why bother?

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I did buy a replacement "bird" for when the original gets killed. I'm betting its not going to last thru too many play sessions.
I was going to suggest you buy a lot of replacement birds...I have already gone through one in 3 months. They really love this toy, but when Bella catches it (not always when I "let" her either) she really chews on the feathers.

I got a pretty good price on the refills from an amazon marketplace seller. They also sell the refills at dr foster & smith. Petsmart has them but they are very $$ there.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww poor Sam!! How do you stop your dog from playing with the toy? Your kitties sure look like they're enjoying themselves
Agree that its a great way to get your kitties to exercise