Please: We need prayers and vibes for Joey

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joey, our tabby, had to go to the Emergency vet this morning he has 105 fever and they have him on IV fluids, anibiotics, pain meds and a light sedative. He does have a history of crystals and he peed on me in the car. But the vet is not thinking this has anything to do with the crystals. They are doing a blood test and x-rays. Please send good vibes for our Boy

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Helen ......... sending prayers for Joey and for you and David .......

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Helen
I hope and pray that Joey is OK, I think we have had enough bad luck, How soon will you find out about the blood work? Please know that I will be thinking about you for sure and Dear Joey Please get well Boy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet just called and it doesn't look good for him...his platelets were low and he has DIC which is something about your blood not coagulating and it's usually secondary to a tumor, no tumor showed on the X-ray but she said that doesn't mean anything. They are going to test the coagulation a few more times the last one being at midnight, she said if she calls us back it's bad news. They may also give him a blood transfusion. Thanks for your prayers, he's really going to need them