Easter Baskets.........might be a bit late but

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can you please take some photos, I've never seen one made up.....its not been a common practice for our family, we give eggs, but those that come in silly huge boxes, so I'd love to see some made-up baskets

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh If it were an hour earlier.. They've already been torn into
and strung throughout the house.....but they got TONS of candy a board game, a plug and play game for the dvd player in the truck and a shadow maker...
They're SO spoiled

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just took a few pics of ours... DH is playing WoW right now, so I'll upload them later.

I'm 28 years old and my Mom sends me an Easter Basket every year! I guess I'm always going to be her little girl.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my daughters from this year and last
:

This year:

Last year (but Jr. Asparagus has already been plucked from the basket-LOL!):

The previous 2 years were on 35 mm film, so I don't have digital files for those

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

This may give you an idea

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...e%3DISO-8859-1

I have some baskets around the house, but they are filled with decorative eggs, not toys and candy
thanks for the link - didnt realise you could order them online

Originally Posted by catsallover

Here's my daughters from this year and last
:

This year:
wow, look at all the stuff in there - someones gonna have a great day with all that stuff

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kinda cheated with my daughters this year,lol. I got her a pre made one
And my son and step son have one as well, theirs is filled with candy and lottery tickets....

I will post some pics after bit.

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
since cheyenne wont get hers till tomorrow i took a few pics of what hers looks like this year. now remember all she wanted was one chocolate bunny nothing else (shes growing up so fast lol) but what shes getting is...
one purple (her fav. color) microbead pillow, one tube of plastic ponies (she loves horses) one big chocolate bunny (per her request) a bottle of perfume,2 bottles of nail polish (like i said shes getting big i think im running out of ideas) robins eggs (what easter basket is complete without them lol) a small chocolate bunny, marshmellow bunnies, mike and ikes, cadbury caremel eggs, hershys kisses, reeses pb eggs big and small.... whew! think that will hold her for a bit?? lol

this is the left side of her basket

this is the right side of her basket

and hers the whole basket

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I made H and myself baskets--his, filled with chocolate, including an elegant, gold-foil wrapped bunny; I used shredded, pale green crinkle paper for "grass" (I forgot to start packs of grass seed a few weeks ago; I usually use real grass in my baskets--wouldn't it be fun to make cat grass ones, and fill with cat treats for kitty? Non-wheat-gluten ones, not from Menu Foods...;-))

Mine, since I'm a diabetic, has sugar-free candies, , candles, bath salts, and a glass "setting hen" type bunny dish.

H wants us to restrain ourselves, and save our baskets for below:

I'm now making one for Dad-In-Law, who'll be down to visit next weekend. H bought a very nice double-handled brown basket; I filled with crinkle grass, some paperback books Dad wanted, lots of chocolate, foil-wrapped chocolate coins (bought on sale after Xmas--still good!), and (we hope to find a) white chocolate bunny. I'll wrap his in clear cellophane, and tie with a somewhat manly bow (not sure how I can make "manly" bows!). Since I'm dying eggs now, H tells me to make more, as they will keep a week (yuck), since Dad loves hard-boiled egg sandwiches. (I hate hard-boiled eggs!). The eggs will be the dinner centerpiece for us 2 tonight--I cascade faux ivy vines down the sides of a cake pedestal, put the pastel eggs on top, as if in a nest, and have purple, lavender, white and pink flowers tucked in, with white feather doves. I sometimes display the pysanky I used to make--but won't, with the little monkeys around here (they were just into the dyed eggs as I was writing this!). I'm making ham, basted with hard cider and brown sugar, mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus, baby carrots, and biscuits for dinner, with a dessert of lemon yogurt & whipped cream tarts (low-sugar yogurt), topped with fresh raspberries. Now if I could just get of the Cat forum, and get started!

I love to use those faux chocolate bunnies that have been popular for the past few years--problem is, hubby keeps thinking they are real, even though I've told him...and I've found that it's hard for me to curb my chocolate cravings when they're around--they look so real!

I loved seeing everyone's baskets--they are so pretty!

MargeCat

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

can you please take some photos, I've never seen one made up.....its not been a common practice for our family, we give eggs, but those that come in silly huge boxes, so I'd love to see some made-up baskets
I don't have any Easter baskets to share...my kiddos are too old for this anymore durn it. Just wanted to say that I LOVE your siggy pic! Oh, that is just sooooo pretty!

Do any of y'all do confetti eggs? Great fun with those!

Hilda>^..^<

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I'm 28 years old and my Mom sends me an Easter Basket every year! I guess I'm always going to be her little girl.
Awww! That's wonderful! My mom tried to stop doing Easter when my brother and I reached our teens, but we weren't having any of that -- so now we're in our 40s and 50s, and Mom is still hiding eggs for us.

The hunt is pretty short, though -- we have all her hiding places memorized.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I just took a few pics of ours... DH is playing WoW right now, so I'll upload them later.

My kids are 28 and 30 and they still get one, and both of them are married too so their spouses get one too. I always tell them the Easter Bunny forgot that they didn't live at my house anymore.

Santa still comes to our house too.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are a few pics of my brats baskets this year
my kids are 6,9,13, and 16.I don't do alot of candy for them!the bottom of the baskets have life savers,sweet tarts,jelly beans and then some gum.They each have a stuffed animal and a big thing of bubbles and a chocolate animal

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, these are fantastic!
In the UK we just give chocolate eggs, or just chocolate (bars, boxes etc.) Or sometimes people give flowers.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heres what I did for my son and step son...being that they are 12 and 14, they get candy and lottery tickets...

And my daughters:

Here she is, barely awake,lol...looking through it.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 20 and my mom still makes an easter basket for me and my sister. It usually just consists of lots of easter candy.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Those are some pretty nice baskets.

My kids (13 and 10) had pretty small baskets. Both had a little bit of candy and a book in it. Oldest got Johnny Tremain. Loves history, and she saw the movie in social studies a couple of weeks ago. Youngest got Eldest, she's already read Eragon and wanted #2 in the series. Then she whined b/c it was in paperback

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Here are a few pics of my brats baskets this year
my kids are 6,9,13, and 16.I don't do alot of candy for them!the bottom of the baskets have life savers,sweet tarts,jelly beans and then some gum.They each have a stuffed animal and a big thing of bubbles and a chocolate animal
We have bubble wands too
Seems they're a popular pick for the easter bunny this year