TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › about your keyboard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

about your keyboard.

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
So does your keyboard have letters and numbers on it?
i just noticed that half of my keys no longer have anything on them.
just the lights below the keys

i think its time to go buy a new one.
post #2 of 27
Never had that happen because I've had to replace them before they got to that point.

A 15 pound black cat can ruin a keyboard by sleeping on it. I know that for a fact.
post #3 of 27
i have all the numbers and letters on all of my keyboards, i think its time for u to invest in a new one
post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
Never had that happen because I've had to replace them before they got to that point.

A 15 pound black cat can ruin a keyboard by sleeping on it. I know that for a fact.
same here - Bumps loves saying hello to people on IM (as the skype people found out this morning ) and often sleeps on my keyboard

I haven't had this one that long but there are a few that have faded a little, they are all still readable though
post #5 of 27
nope. In fact I have my hubbys old keyboard right now. It's in really good shape except for the fact that it's a little dusty in between the keys from lack of dusting and to much time on the puter.
post #6 of 27
Letters only and nothing got wiped out
post #7 of 27
funny you mention that....on my keyboard half of the letters have faded and Im forever having to correct typos as my touch typing isnt the best! Time to buy a new one I think
post #8 of 27
We've had this computer for about...a week now...so my keyboard is in great shape! Isn't hardly even any cat hair on it, either. The other one...some of the writing is missing...but you can read it for the most part!
post #9 of 27
Both, although the A, S, D, C, and shift keys are faded.
post #10 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Both, although the A, S, D, C, and shift keys are faded.
lol the a,w,q,e,d even the black is gone (is a all black kb)
yes hmmm, the prime gaming keys i think i see a pattern there.
post #11 of 27
When I was working (as a writer/designer/video producer), I wore the letters right off of a total of four keyboards in the space of about three years! Same thing happened to my first keyboard at home, too, and I kept painting them back on, protecting them with clear nailpolish, everything I could think of...

The manufacturers just don't know how intensely some of us type!
post #12 of 27
I'm missing the S, D, C, N, B, and a good deal of the E.
I don't use the numbers much, so they're all there. Although the f6 key is upside-down.
post #13 of 27
mine is still quite new just has a bit of dust in it
post #14 of 27
Mine better still be there!! I have only had this keyboard since Feb.

What about all the cat hair in between them?? Anyone else have that problem? Or on the mouse(underisde) wowsers........
post #15 of 27
Mine is pretty new, so I have no problems
post #16 of 27
My laptop is fairly new, the keys are still all in good condition. I think if they were worn off i'd still know where all the buttons are. I really don't look at the keyboard while I type. So it wouldn't be a big deal if they were missing letters.
post #17 of 27
My A&S keys are almost completely worn off. I must use those the most This is my 2nd keyboard, and even on the last, the same keys wore out most quickly. All the others are fine.
post #18 of 27
For some reason, my 'N' key is the only one that has wear on it. This is the second computer that I've used this same keyboard for. Go figure. I'd like to figure out a way to get the 'stuff' out from between the keys. Do those cans of pressurized air work well? I touch type everything (except numbers) so it wouldn't bother me if they were all blank...except numbers, that is!!
post #19 of 27
I use one of these..in fact, I ordered another one just a couple of hours ago for the Mac. You darn near can't destroy them, they are spillproof, you can roll them up and stick them in a drawer

BUT....if you have a cat that is bound and determined to destroy it, a cat's claws will cut the rubber.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....cid=25608&fp=F
post #20 of 27
I've had this $10 keyboard for a year and all of the letters are still here. However, there are numerous coffee stains on it, as well as the normal grubbiness from much use. Yesterday, I ordered a new one. I've gotten so spoiled, by my big, new keyboard at work, that I want one like it, for home use.
post #21 of 27
I have all the keys on my keyboard and can read them... However my remote conrtol is lacking quiet a few button words or arrows!!
post #22 of 27
I've no idea - I can't see them through the cat.
post #23 of 27
This keyboard is still...amazingly...intact. I play PC games and MMO's and I usually don't have to wait for the numbers or letters to wear off, I just lose my temper and break them, along with my mouse. My boyfriend has congratulated me on many occasions for still having this mouse/keyboard for over a few months lol.
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo View Post
For some reason, my 'N' key is the only one that has wear on it. This is the second computer that I've used this same keyboard for. Go figure. I'd like to figure out a way to get the 'stuff' out from between the keys. Do those cans of pressurized air work well? I touch type everything (except numbers) so it wouldn't bother me if they were all blank...except numbers, that is!!
The N, you say? Well, if you're right-handed, it's probably just because the first finger on your right hand is the strongest one you use for typing.
post #25 of 27
Surprisingly, though I've had this keyboard for about ten years, all the numbers and letters are intact.
post #26 of 27
My new keyboard was just delivered and it is much nicer than the picture showed. I didn't really need the mouse but, it came with the package.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....rod_id=2269078
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
that different, i have seen those but never used them before, hmm do they light up in the dark at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katl8e View Post
My new keyboard was just delivered and it is much nicer than the picture showed. I didn't really need the mouse but, it came with the package.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....rod_id=2269078
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10717
nice, this is what have now kinda shocked the keys have not lasted very well. but i like the kb
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › about your keyboard.