Possible new Tobie color?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not changing his papers or anything, but what do you guys think of this? Could the mystery "decided to be his own color" Tobie be a blue silver? If you need pics, ask. But I'm assuming you know what he looks like.
Here's his sister w/short hair... I see maybe a resemblance.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...Ashow009-1.jpg

Here's an online pic of a blue silver. I hate how it's hard to tell colors from a computer monitor.

http://www.buntebaers.de/BKH_2.html

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On second thought, no... I think Tobie and his sisters have too much of a chocolate-y color too them still. Why are their tails, faces, and paws more grey though?

I give up. Nevermind.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Godiva, no way is Tobie a blue-silver
You had Carol Barbee judge him and look at him. She's one of the better people in genetics. She would have known if he was a chocolate or a blue

He's chocolate ticked tabby. I wish you would come over to one of these shows in MN so I could see him in person

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Godiva, no way is Tobie a blue-silver
You had Carol Barbee judge him and look at him. She's one of the better people in genetics. She would have known if he was a chocolate or a blue

He's chocolate ticked tabby. I wish you would come over to one of these shows in MN so I could see him in person
I know, I know... I just saw that pic and thought "Hmm... what if?" without thinking of how the monitor distorts colors and all.

I am pretty sure he's a chocolate...I think he's a chocolate silver, without as much "silver" as a lot of purebreds have. The bottom of his tail is pure white, as are the bases of all his tipped hairs. Sneakers has lighter hairs at the base, too... my breeder said she thinks Sneakers is a very poor smoke, so she just registered her as a blue. (That probably wasn't a good thing to do eh?)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If mom IS a smoke, then Tobie would probably be a chocolate smoke ticked tabby - if he indeed has white hair at the base

What did you end up registering him as?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate ticked tabby.
I'm not gonna bother with changing it, though. It's been changed enough times.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, since he's so mixed up anyway it doesn't matter in the HHP. You'll probably always have judges question what color he really is

Can you imagine if poor Ling had held the pointed and tabby pattern till 6 months old and was shown as a kitten, registered as who knows what (since you have a blue tabby body with seal points!) and then by the time she was a year old she was black/white?????

ACFA would have a field day with that one!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After seeing Charlie in person, I have to conclude that there is only one possible color classification for him: Gorgeous!!!