Nikita photos

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right, I've decided that because I take a lot of photos (although I do have periods where I take less) and I like sharing them it'd get too spammy if I started new threads all the time so I'm going to keep things simple and try to keep the photos to this thread.

I bribed her with tuna to stay in the spot with the best light so I could snap photos of her.

Hmm it's hard to get the tuna from the corners, maybe a paw will work better

..or maybe not

Accident waiting to happen

Another angle, with a cunningly placed white sheet in the background to get less clutter.

She was quick to vacate the chosen spot once the tuna was finished.

It was sunny and nice.

but toes needed cleaning nevertheless.

Snoozing away in the sun after a good play session.

That's it for now. I also figured I should put up my camera info etc. here because people tend to ask. My current camera is a Nikon d50. It's a nice 6mp digital SLR. I have two lenses for it, an 18-55mm zoom lens that came with it and an old manual f1.8 50mm prime lens that I got off ebay very cheap. I prefer that lens really, it's very sharp and fast. I want more photography equipment but don't even have a tripod atm.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

..or maybe not

These are my favourites!!

She seems like a real character, I bet she keeps you on your toes
Her eyes are gorrrrgeous!

Give her a belly rub for me

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nikita looks great!! The toe picture is my favorite.

"Hey, I got 4 toes!!!"

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love seeing pictures of Nikita! She is beauty!!

You take wonderful pictures too

winter hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Siggav......

Beautiful photo's........and a BEAUTIFUL cat !!!
Wonderful exposure as well as focus. I too, take a lot of pictures and occasionally post a few that meet my standards. It can be a real trick to get the cats to sit and pose. I have tried numerous things as well, but you will get a lot of use out of a tripod, I don't know how I ever lived without one......well maybe I do......I had to use the flash much more than I liked to. Once again, EXCELLENT photo's.

Winter Hawk

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love those pictures of Nakita. She is one beautiful Bengal.
Did she end up breaking that glass dish you put her tuna in? In one picture it looks like she's about to knock it off.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course Nakita is gorgeous, but half the pleasure of your photos is the photography.
Keep'em coming.

I tend to spam, too... although not every day. More like once a week. Sometimes I wonder if people would prefer I keep them all in one thread.
Oh well.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! Beautiful cat, and great photos!
I like the shallow depth of field, it makes for a gorgeous "portrait" feel!

On your photos, you can see her pelt so well that I can almost imagine what it feels like...sleek and cool.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nakita u are just such a GORGEOUS girl, those pics are great, I really like the close up one
And those markings, simply gorgeous

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my favourite pic is her cleaning her toes how cute!!! i really think Nakita is one of the most stunning cats ive seen!!!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

WOW! You can actually see her glitter! And those eyes! Shes such a beautiful girl! Fantastic pics, and I look forward to updates!!!
(notice, this is the only sentence that doesn't have an exclamation mark
)

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, she is a gorgeous cat with, obviously, alot of purrsonality! You took great photos ans I love the captions. Escuse, I gotta run and buy a Bengal!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous.

My fav shot is the last one of her in the sun - I love the dark/light contrast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarahp - Yep she really keeps me on my toes. I wouldn't want it any other way though

watchcaddy - I think it looks a bit as if she's got black gloves on in that one somehow. Cat toasies are so cute though. Fun to try get in photos.

Crazyforinfo - thanks!

Winter Hawk - I've got a lot of practice when it comes to cat photos now, although I think I've probably just gotten better at culling out the worse ones. I'll get a tripod one of these days! I want an external flash too, the on camera one is way too harsh and you can't control the angle at all. Thanks for your comment

Hopehacker - The glass dish fell on the floor but it's tough and doesn't break. I've dropped it numerous times so I wasn't too worried about Nikita pushing it off.

Godiva - Thank you! I have too often people comment on my pictures with a sentiment like: If you didn't have such a pretty cat your photos would be uninteresting, it's just luck really that you've got that cat. And well I love Nikita and I think she's gorgeous, of course I do, but I also put a lot of effort into taking and processing my photos and I know a big part of it is her but it's not just that.

Clixpix - That's one of the things I love about my camera, being able to control the depth of field, it makes a huge difference. She's sleek and warm in the sunlight
Incredibly soft as well.

Robyns4cats - By close up do you mean macros or portrait shots?

ProudKittieMom - I've passed your compliments on to Nikita (through some chin scratchings and a cuddle)

Troublesome2 - Thanks

Mooficat - Me, proud? Of course, and thanks!

Pawsandwhiskers - thanks for your comment

Tiffany - It's really hard to capture glitter in photos so I was really happy about that one and don't worry there'll be plenty of updates.

Duchess - I bought her from a very good breeder that's near Aberdeen in Scotland (I live in Edinburgh) and yeah she's a brown spotted tabby Bengal. My camera is a Nikon d50, I talked abit more about my camera in my first post in this thread.

LuckyGirl - Can cats be anything other than beautiful?

Inbandcats - Yep she's brimming over with personality. It's close to living with an extra person in the house, she's always up to something.

GingersMom - That last one is my current desktop wallpaper

Right! more photos. Black and White this time around

Ok they're not all in black and white. I tried to make this one feel like an oil painting. Rich shadows and coloured. I'm really proud of it.

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the last black and white one makes her look like a little tiger!!! and the 2nd one is just so beautiful- have you got any of these blown up before? they would look great framed on a wall!