video of a cat hissing at me... LOL

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This video is of Rusty. Let me give u some background before u watch the video clip.. I adopted her when she was a kitten and she ADORED me. She is now about 17 years old and HATES me.

When Rusty was about 5 years old, I was driving home and found an injured cat on the side of road- he was bleeding from the mouth. After knocking on a few doors and having no luck finding his owners, I decided to take him to the vet. Sammy (injured cat) was hit in the head with something which caused hemmoraging. Luckily, the vet was able to save him and after he was at the shelter for a couple days with no one finding a home for him, I pleaded with my dad to let me bring him home temporarily and find another home for him. After a few weeks, I & my mom had fallen in love with Sammy and convinced dad to let me keep him.

Rusty KNEW it was me that brought him home and kept him. Ever since I brought Sammy home, Rusty REFUSED to sleep with me, would hiss/growl if I walk into the same room and would swat like crazy at me. It has been a LONG TIME now and Rusty still goes crazy whenever she sees me- hiss/growl/swatting at me. I am the only one who she strikes out at.

I sometimes would try to sneak in while she's sleeping on my dad's lap and pet her LIGHTLY. Poor dad- sometimes Rusty would wake up, start hissing and swatting at me and dad would wake up with a start and yell at me to get out of the room and stop bothering him and POOR Rusty (his words not mine!)

Enjoy the video and let me know what u think!
NO ONE was harmed in the process of taping this.
Even when she tries to bite me- she's very GENTLE. She NEVER bites HARD or uses her claws..
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pamela4cats/?action=view&current=2005DECRUSTY036.flv

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And they say that Elephants never forget?
You are right...
Rusty hates you.

She is a beautiful cat....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

And they say that Elephants never forget?
You are right...
Rusty hates you.

She is a beautiful cat....
What in the world gives you the idea that Rusty hates me?????

At first, I was heartbroken but eventually I got used to it. At least she is living a good life with my parents where she's spoilt ROTTEN. They give her BABY FOOD!! I have chewed them out many times about that and they claim that she refuses to eat anything else.

Yeah- she's BEAUTIFUL and her fur is soooooo soft and silky.. I still miss being able to cuddle with her. Sometimes I take the risk of her getting more PISSED and pick her up before she escapes (it's really HARD to catch her!!) to get some quick cuddles before she freaks out.

Last Christmas when I visited family, there was one time where my parents were laughing at us... Rusty was eating and I thought it'd be a perfect time to pet her since she'd be busy eating (especially since it was ME who put the food out for her!).. I started petting her and my dad said she immediately started growling WHILE eating and didn't stop growling until I moved away.
Jeez...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah she hates you.

How's Sammy though?? He did get to live a long, happy life?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG that is hysterical she was growling and hissing ........... but I think its a big show ........ I think she loves you just with an attitude ........ shes a beauty!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh yeah she hates you.

How's Sammy though?? He did get to live a long, happy life?
Oh yeah Sammy is spoilt ROTTEN by my mom!
He kneads her neck ALLLLL the time... Here's a pic of him. He has some brain damage from the injury but is doing great otherwise. He likes to annoy Rusty though.

He also LOVES Tess (dog) and often would knead away at him. Here's a pic of him kneading Tess.

Originally Posted by Pami

OMG that is hysterical she was growling and hissing ........... but I think its a big show ........ I think she loves you just with an attitude ........ shes a beauty!
LOL You THINK she loves me???
Whenever I go to visit family, if she hears my voice, she goes into hiding until she thinks I'm gone then if she sees me she immediately starts hissing and growling even if I am across the room!
I have NEVER harmed her but she sure acts like she HATES me.

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh what an attitude!!! She's a beauty though!
OHH YEAH she has an attitude!!
Yep she's a BEAUTY and she KNOWS it.

Here's a famous picture of her that shows that SHE knows she's a beauty..

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's been going on for twelve years??? Holy crap that cat can hold a grudge!

Are you sure it was Sammy who suffered brain damage?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your kitties are adorable.

Sammy is a love bug...
I love his picture with your Mom and the one sitting on Tess...
priceless.

Then there is Rusty....

I think that you broke her heart & she has never forgiven you.

She sure looks great for a 17 year old senior kitty.

She obviously is living a good life, filled with love.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't stop laughing!

Oh my...she is gorgeous, and I don't know that she hates you so much as completely resents you for what you did to her!

Oh...it's too much...
And I love that pic with your mom and Sammy, awwwww!

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
why is it cats love to swipe you on the stairs?? mine always used to do that its crazy!
i love the pic of her sat on the dog hehe

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's so beautiful! It would break my heart not to be able to cuddle her. She sure knows how to hold a grudge!
Love the pic of Sammy massaging the dog!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by themanxcatlady

Wow, she's pisssy! I was waiting for her to draw blood....lol.

She is a pretty kitty.
LOL she RARELY draw blood even though she may act VICIOUS!

Originally Posted by clixpix

That's been going on for twelve years??? Holy crap that cat can hold a grudge!

Are you sure it was Sammy who suffered brain damage?
Good question!

Originally Posted by xocats

Your kitties are adorable. Sammy is a love bug...
I love his picture with your Mom and the one sitting on Tess...
priceless.

Then there is Rusty....
I think that you broke her heart & she has never forgiven you.

She sure looks great for a 17 year old senior kitty.
She obviously is living a good life, filled with love.
Yeah Sammy is a LOVE BUG. Thanks for the compliment on how great Rusty looks!! She is pretty much toothless now..
That's a good point about her never forgiving me since I hurt her by bringing Sammy home. I tried to give her more attention when I brought Sammy home but she would have none of it.

Originally Posted by GingersMom

I can't stop laughing!

Oh my...she is gorgeous, and I don't know that she hates you so much as completely resents you for what you did to her!

Oh...it's too much...
And I love that pic with your mom and Sammy, awwwww!
I"m glad to hear it made u laugh!
It makes me laugh now too.

Originally Posted by troublesome2

why is it cats love to swipe you on the stairs?? mine always used to do that its crazy!
i love the pic of her sat on the dog hehe
Good question about the swiping at stairways!

Originally Posted by pushylady

She's so beautiful! It would break my heart not to be able to cuddle her. She sure knows how to hold a grudge!
Love the pic of Sammy massaging the dog!
Yeah it broke my heart not being able to hold her but now I just get what I can- pet her quickly before she escapes or freaks out.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HI!!

I was going thru my archives of videos and found this video of Rusty growling (if I remember correctly??) as I petted her so I wanted to share it with u guys.. I was VERY lucky to be able to touch her at all because normally she wouldn't let me NEAR her. She was putting up with me cuz she was HUNGRY and wanted to eat!!

sorry the picture isn't very clear- I didn't clean the lens that day so that's why..
Also, sorry about the "shaking" of the video- my mom couldn't keep the camera steady as she filmed me petting Rusty..

Enjoy and let me know if I remembered correctly and that Rusty WAS growling at me while eating while I was petting her..

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...=view&current=2007Januaryrustygrowlinatme.flv

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She was growling and it was so funny the way she was doing it ......... she was eating/drinking while she growled and it was a mix sound of lick growl lick growl I dont know quite how to describe it.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I loved the video! Especially when she gets that wild tiger look on her face and when she puts her ears back, waaaaaaayyyyyyy to cute!!!!

Just love hissing and growling cats, mine hiss and growl all the time.