Some advice for all of you parents out there

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Never, I repeat NEVER, take your kids to the Zoo during Spring Break

I apologize...this is a bit of a rant

Here's the thing, It was a beautiful spring morning so being the Super Mom that I am I decide what a great day for a spur of the moment Zoo trip for my 3 children and my niece.

I packed a lunch, put them all in the car and we were off. After a two hour drive we arrive at the zoo...10 AM....it was PACKED
It seems that every other parent had the same idea as me today.
We drove around the parking lot looking for a place to park for 1/2 hour, decided to go to the overflow lot and take a shuttle to the Zoo instead. The overflow lot was CLOSED and so we drove back to the Zoo to hunt for another alternative. They were putting up signs directing traffic to ANOTHER overflow/shuttle lot soo...we followed the signs..got lost...finally found the lot...waited in line for a shuttle bus for 20 mins...FINALLY reached the Zoo around eleven-thirty
OMG... what a start to the day.
It turned out to be a fun day but was it really worth the work that it took to get there

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Talk about a parking nightmare! At least the rest of your trip was fun though

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
o man, last year we went to the zoo and it was like that, luckily tho our zoo has this huge parking lot and thats it
and we had actually got there early enough and well they were calling for rain and it didnt look like it was gonna rain and it never did that day, but to say the least it sounds like ur trip to the zoo was better than mine last year
times 1,000 !!! But hey I am glad u had fun, it was a rough start but at least u had fun and got to see all the animals
get any pics?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

get any pics?
Yep, LOTS of pic's, I let my 8 year old daughter go crazy with the camera
She got some really great shots, I'll try to post later, we're on our way to a birthday party now

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow-sounds like a parking nighmare, but at least you got to enjoy the rest of the day
I think it sounds like it was all worth it in the end.....

And cant wait to see some pictures!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the zoo in Dallas (although most people say Fort Worth's is superior), but from where I live, it's a long, long, long drive through the very worst of Dallas traffic. But last spring, my mom and I caught the DART train instead of driving, and it was great! A fine experience in public transportation.

And the tigers were just like kittens, snoozing in the sun.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It only took two weeks but here are some pictures of our trip to the Zoo

This is the first pic that my 8 year old daughter took...Isn't it pretty

Next, off we go to the Polar Bears..One of them found a scrub brush somewhere and was teasing the other bears with it

Then we checked out the Sun Bears... all of the animals were really active that day....usually they are all sleeping

Here's a Mandrill, he kept attacking the window...I think he was having a bad day

Some Gibbons haming it up for the crowds... They seemed to enjoy the attention more than the Mandrill

Last one...a Sea Lion swimming...

Lot's more picture's but most are blurry or of various body part (ie. monkey behind
) didn't think anyone would care to see those

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep you do, great pic's, me and my Dad are going to the zoo this weekend. I love the zoo. (By the way thats a mandrill you got there not a baboon, the males get colorful faces, baboons faces are duller)

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

Yep you do, great pic's, me and my Dad are going to the zoo this weekend. I love the zoo. (By the way thats a mandrill you got there not a baboon, the males get colorful faces, baboons faces are duller)
OOps, Thanks
I'll change that

She does seem to have a pretty good eye for photography

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pictures!! I really want to go to the zoo, it's been awhile. Did you go to the zoo in Portland or one in Washington?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

It only took two weeks but here are some pictures of our trip to the Zoo

This is the first pic that my 8 year old daughter took...Isn't it pretty

Next, off we go to the Polar Bears..One of them found a scrub brush somewhere and was teasing the other bears with it
Let me just say that I think your little girl has an incredible natural talent for photography! I've seen pictures taken by a "pro" that didn't look anywhere near as good as those!

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

Then we checked out the Sun Bears... all of the animals were really active that day....usually they are all sleeping
Wow... and I thought cat claws were bad, check out the daggers on that dude!

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

Great pictures!! I really want to go to the zoo, it's been awhile. Did you go to the zoo in Portland or one in Washington?
This is the Portland Zoo (In Oregon) I rotate memberships every year between the Portland Zoo and Tacoma (Pt. Defiance) and so that the kids get to experience different things.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Let me just say that I think your little girl has an incredible natural talent for photography! I've seen pictures taken by a "pro" that didn't look anywhere near as good as those!
Why thank you
She does a great job doesn't she

I'll have to show her this thread later (she's at a friends house)
I'm sure that she'd love to see the comments