TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Which cat house do you think the cats will like better?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which cat house do you think the cats will like better?

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
I'm buying a cat tree for my cats. which one do you think would be better

This one is 78' tall


This one is 74' tall

Thank You
Jenn
post #2 of 19
Both are fantastic - but I like the bottom one...more room for the cats to chill out and relax.

My old cat tree had a hammock similar to the top picture. As kittens, they loved it. But they out grew it as they got bigger...served as a handy storage place for toys though, I must admit.

The top one strikes me as one more suitable for younger cats, the bottom one for older cats.
post #3 of 19
Choice 2 because there are more seats at the top. And more hidey-holes. Both of those are things cats will kill each other over. It looks sturdier too.
post #4 of 19
Make sure you do research on the product before you buy!

There was a thread in this forum about someone's new cat tree breaking under the weight of their cat because the tree was made of cheap plastic or something and didn't fit properly at the joints.
post #5 of 19
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
Oh my..I must have missed those threads...I thought Armakat cat trees were really good?! I've just bought a ceiling to floor cat tree (not Armakat) but now I'm going to make extra efforts to reinforce it, as well as secure it to the wall. Thanks for higlighting those links.

ps - tjwharton24...I was looking in the fur pictures thread and saw this thread http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120704 looks like the same cat tree as the one u have pictured...the owners seem quite happy with it..maybe you can contact them to ask how the cat tree is?
post #7 of 19
We've had an Armarkat tree for 3 years and its been great. We need to invest in a new one though - Ebony when little used to chew on the edges and some of the carpeting is now gone. Otherwise we've been really happy. Ebony is also famous with the Armarkat brand. Take a look at this listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/57-PET-CAT-TREE-...QQcmdZViewItem

That is Ebony in the bottom picture (no joke - we emailed them pics of her using the tree and they now use it on ebay!)
post #8 of 19
I love the bottom one! I looks a bit more sturdy as well!
post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Those links helped bunches. all of you helped bunches.Thank you so much.

Quote:
We've had an Armarkat tree for 3 years and its been great. We need to invest in a new one though - Ebony when little used to chew on the edges and some of the carpeting is now gone. Otherwise we've been really happy. Ebony is also famous with the Armarkat brand. Take a look at this listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/57-PET-CAT-TREE-...QQcmdZViewItem

That is Ebony in the bottom picture (no joke - we emailed them pics of her using the tree and they now use it on ebay!)
Ebony is so pretty. I think that is so cool she's on Ebay...
post #10 of 19
I got these 2 trees from armarkat and they are good, the steps broke on the first one but well with 2 big labs and 6 cats and a niece and nephew it was bound to happen other than that they are holding up great and stormie "climbs/jumps" it when she goes on it, to get to the top she is like one of those climbers that puts their hands all the way around the thing and climb up it

http://www.armarkat.com/a5801.htm

http://www.armarkat.com/a6501.htm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom View Post
I got these 2 trees from armarkat and they are good, the steps broke on the first one but well with 2 big labs and 6 cats and a niece and nephew it was bound to happen other than that they are holding up great and stormie "climbs/jumps" it when she goes on it, to get to the top she is like one of those climbers that puts their hands all the way around the thing and climb up it

http://www.armarkat.com/a5801.htm

http://www.armarkat.com/a6501.htm

That first one you posted is the new one we're thinking about buying Hopefully with just the two cats the step won't break.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwharton24 View Post
Those links helped bunches. all of you helped bunches.Thank you so much.



Ebony is so pretty. I think that is so cool she's on Ebay...
Thanks!!! She was on their site about 2 years ago when we first bought the tree. I was shocked to searching for a new tree yesterday and find she's still there!
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by berylayn View Post
We've had an Armarkat tree for 3 years and its been great. We need to invest in a new one though - Ebony when little used to chew on the edges and some of the carpeting is now gone. Otherwise we've been really happy. Ebony is also famous with the Armarkat brand. Take a look at this listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/57-PET-CAT-TREE-...QQcmdZViewItem

That is Ebony in the bottom picture (no joke - we emailed them pics of her using the tree and they now use it on ebay!)
She is a celebrity!


I like the bottom one better, because it has three of the high platforms instead of one, so they won't fight over it!
post #14 of 19
I am liking the bottom one better as well, especially for the "huts" for them to just lay in and sleep, hide etc...
post #15 of 19
I have the second tree and my cats LOVE it! We bought a new tree to go with our new house. With the first tree we got from Aramcat, the highest perch post did break (the washer was too small) but this one came with a much bigger washer to reinforce it. So maybe they realized there was a problem. It could also have a lot to do with Harley and Little One playing "king of the hill", fighting for the top perch (only 1 on my first tree). Now that there are 3 perches, they aren't fighting and the tree is still sturdy.
post #16 of 19
I see that you saw my Cat-astrophe thread already, so all I will say is that you get what you pay for.

The solid, made from plywood and real wood instead of pressboard trees that I bought at PetsMart for a little more $$ are 10 times more sturdy and ought to last 10 times longer than the Amarkat I bought that broke.

However, I do like the Amarkat designs - I will just never buy one again knowing how cheaply they are made.
post #17 of 19
I like the bottom one! I bought an Armarkat one for my kitties, and they love it! Its about 5 feet high, with a box on the second level, and then two more levels that are just platforms with kitty toys hanging. Its been great, althought it is becoming a little unsteady because two of my cats LOVE to sleep on the very top platform, which has knocked the balance off a bit form their continuous jumping. But I think that is just from wear and tear, not a fault of the company / cat tree.
post #18 of 19
First of all, I am not a cat. But I have looked at these and went back and forth and back and forth and finally decided if I was a cat, I would want the first one.
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
Choice 2 because there are more seats at the top. And more hidey-holes. Both of those are things cats will kill each other over. It looks sturdier too.
I was going to write the exact same thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Which cat house do you think the cats will like better?