i am so ugly i scare my cats.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So i drop off Eazy this morning for his de-manhood operation, i felt so bad,
it took me and vet tech to get him to let go of my shirt this morning, and then he took a pee on the vet tech. he had such a scared look on his face, when he left. i am sure he did not understand what we kept telling him that i would be back to get him.

i stayed up called them at 1 they said he was doing fine and i could come get him at 4. i showed up, and was joking with doc and vet tech, when a kitty started to yeow from the back room, Doctor said, well i guess he knows who he belongs to. Then the vet tech said, if i remember right your other cat started doign the same thing when you came back to get her.

gee, i must so ugly, my cats dont want to come back home with me

anyway i guess the used glue, to close the wound. Eazy is not walking very well right now, but they said he would be fine by morning. after i got him home, he climibed up on me and layed dowb how i pulled his little ears he just purrrred away,he is now curled up in the middle of the bed snoring away and i do mean he is snoring......

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww... Get well soon Eazy.

In my (limited) experience he will be bouncing off the walls as if nothing has happened by tomorrow

All the vets know our cats and Radar was so excited to be collected by us that I wouldn't worry too much

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

In my (limited) experience he will be bouncing off the walls as if nothing has happened by tomorrow

All the vets know our cats and Radar was so excited to be collected by us that I wouldn't worry too much
Chevy came home, slept 2 hours (deep sleep) and then was trying to catch my feet from under the bed.....sure didn't take him long at all!

Eazy will be himself in no time. They sure do know how to make us feel guilty though, dont they?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Bruce!!! It sounds as though he recognised your voice and wanted dad to take him home out of that scary place!!

I'm glad it all went well. The tissue glue is fantastic, and much better for the boys in my opinion.

You'll be amazed how fast he recovers. Sounds as though he settled down at home pretty fast!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

thanks nate, Eazy will really be unhappy cause he needs a bath now.
but he was able to jump up on the bed with no help. so i am sure he will be fine.

Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Eazy will be himself in no time. They sure do know how to make us feel guilty though, dont they?
oh yea, that is casue we care about them. i see it as its my job to take care of him, of course i also felt bad that he did pee on the vet tech

Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh Bruce!!! It sounds as though he recognised your voice and wanted dad to take him home out of that scary place!!

I'm glad it all went well. The tissue glue is fantastic, and much better for the boys in my opinion.

You'll be amazed how fast he recovers. Sounds as though he settled down at home pretty fast!
i did not know they where using glue on animas, cant they lick or chew it off?
thanks everyone for you support
non of my family really gets why i worry about my pets.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is sooooooo sweet he knew you were there to get him.

Dont bathe him .... he will clean himself from his mistake on the vet tech .....

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

That's exactly it - he knew you were there to rescue him! He'll be okay in no time. It is a much easier procedure for male cats than for male humans

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't think most vets used anything when they neutered male cats. At the TNR they always used dissolvable stitches and glue on the females because you couldn't catch them to take them out. Also gets used on those with bad attitudes.

gee, i must so ugly, my cats dont want to come back home with me
Nah...I'm sure Easy heard your voice and was just calling to his daddy to get me out of here! You'll know they think something is wrong with you if they try to cover you with litter.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Eazy
Sending lots of get well from surgery vibes {{{ }}}

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, gosh, when I saw the title of your post, I was ready to chime in and say same here... but nah, your little guy wasn't scared! He just looooovvvvvves you...

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Easy knew he was going home and was making sure you knew where he was!
Glad things went well, Bruce!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww bruce- i'm glad he's doing well!
They do not normally use glue on a male kitty- no need to!
Also -there should be no need for stitches- when they neuter a male cat they just wrap the skin over (it sort of seals itself) so it heals up and there's no need to worry over glue/stitches
He's probably just a bit sore at the moment- no worries if he's walking a bit off- just give him somewhere comfy to sleep and be sure to put shredded newspaper or very soft/dust free litter in his box for the first few days so no dust/particles irritate him. It might be nice to fix him some baked chicken/rice as well to perk up his appetite. Most male kitties recover very quickly and very well from neuters and are back to their normal selves within a short amount of time. I'm sure Eazy will be the same way! Also i doubt he thinks you're ugly lol he probably just wanted to go home when he heard his daddy's voice!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel better soon Eazy!

All 5 of my boys had the glue to close them up. All of them healed well. I didn't know that they used anything but glue for neuters.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Feel better soon Eazy!

All 5 of my boys had the glue to close them up. All of them healed well. I didn't know that they used anything but glue for neuters.
For male cats- it's eithor a line of glue or they will wrap the skin over so it closes up on it's own
For male dogs- stitches because you open them up a bit differently - right above the testicals is where you make the incision- so they do need stitches/staples for that.
So needless to say- neuters are much easier on male kitties
/ For other animals- like a rabbit for instance, we use disolveable stitches internally, stitches externally( usually disolveable for an animal like that) and a line of glue to keep them from opening their incision site (hopping around puts a lot of stress on the wound.) For most kitties/dogs- eithor stitches or glue should but sufficient for a spay- for spay kitties i prefer regular stitches and i take them out at 7-10 days. Sometimes they need their stitches in a bit longer if they get infected/absessed or anything of that nature so with disolvable you have to restitch them if you need to keep them in longer and they start to disolve so i like regular stitces for girls so i can take them out when they're all healed up and make that call.
Fortunately for male kitties -they get out the easiest of the bunch!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definately.

My cats recovered instantly.. if they felt pain, they didn't show it. A couple hours after they came home, they were running around as if nothing happened.

Apollo on the other hand.... he was in a lot of pain, and his sutures got infected and he had to go back to get a series of shots and antibiotics.

Thank god Mia was already spayed when we got her.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Definately.

My cats recovered instantly.. if they felt pain, they didn't show it. A couple hours after they came home, they were running around as if nothing happened.

Apollo on the other hand.... he was in a lot of pain, and his sutures got infected and he had to go back to get a series of shots and antibiotics.

Thank god Mia was already spayed when we got her.
Your kitties shouldn't have felt pain as most places give them a long lasting injection right after they put them under for pain- it lasts for quite a while
/ A dog on the other hand- they are usually rougher on their incisions than kitties and will pick/chew at them and it can cause infections/etc- I always use an E-collar on our pups after neuters/spays just to be safe (there are holes in the bottom of e-collars- you can take a zip tie and put it through the holes on the e-collar then wrap it around their normal collar- that way they can't get it off
) Sometimes dogs need extra pain meds after a spay/neuter because they're larger than kitties and sometimes the pain meds injected before surgery wear off quicker. Glad they gave him antibiotics- poor little guy- that's not uncommon with pups
Did they use disolveable stitches or regular ones on Apollo? I've noticed a definite difference between the two as far as infections/ messing with the incision site goes!