Funny Forest

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm finally getting around to posting some more pics of my boys. This time I'll do Forest.

Forest is my special needs kitty. He has cerebellar hyperplasia (CH), which is a bit like cerebral palsey in humans. He's completely healthy, he just has some trouble with his motor control. As a result, his head bobbles and he walks like he's drunk, and he can't jump up onto things (though he can leap across the room like a frog).

People sometimes say things like "The poor cat...he must be suffering." He's actually the happiest, most easy-going cat I've ever met. I show them this picture. Does this look like he's suffering?

When we first got him, he could barely walk...he couldn't keep his back legs under him. He got better with practice, though, and can zip around the house as fast (or faster) than the others. They also told me he wouldn't be able to climb on the furniture. I think they underestimated him, though.

He's recently decided that he wants to be the top cat in our house...a pretty ambitious goal for a wobbly cat. He can be quite a bully to Tailer and Harvey when he wants something, like to be the one on the suitcase.

He gets into some pretty funny positions, like his "Southpark Cat" pose.

And there's little he loves better than a sunny spot to lie in. Wherever there's a bit of sunlight coming through the window, that's where you'll find Forest.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw he's adorable....he looks very happy and content! And well done Forest for making so much progress since the days when you could hardly walk!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweetpea Forest is ...... not only does he look very happy hes a handsome baby too

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the look on his face in the last pic. You show that to anyone that says he's suffering.

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Forest is my special needs kitty. He has cerebellar hyperplasia (CH), which is a bit like cerebral palsey in humans. He's completely healthy, he just has some trouble with his motor control. As a result, his head bobbles and he walks like he's drunk, and he can't jump up onto things (though he can leap across the room like a frog).
Forest and I have that in common CP. *I have it to Forest* I just don't have it as harsh. light motor skills on my left hand side.

But were still fun and have a blast.

And were very good looking....LOL
all playing aside i think he is adorable...give him extra tummy rubs from me

Jenn

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at that adorable happy face. He just looks Happy. That last picture his darling......" Hi, I'm cute....aren't I?"

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three cheers for Forest the cute kitty who's SO brave
He's very handsome!! I hope the symptoms lessen with time... But at least he's happy now

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww he's so cute
You know, I actually have Cerebral Palsy myself, so the cat and I have something in common!

I was actually wondering the other day if there were any "disabled" cats. I guess so

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tjwharton24

Forest and I have that in common CP. *I have it to Forest* I just don't have it as harsh. light motor skills on my left hand side.

But were still fun and have a blast.

And were very good looking....LOL
all playing aside i think he is adorable...give him extra tummy rubs from me

Jenn
I also have mild CP. I just walk and talk funny.
. Yep, Forest looks perfectly happy and healthy in these pics.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

I also have mild CP. I just walk and talk funny.
. Yep, Forest looks perfectly happy and healthy in these pics.
Oh really? I just walk funny. Any talking funny is purely on purpose to annoy my wife

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He looks so happy, especially in the picture where he is sat in the sun
actually he looks a bit like my kitty Alfie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Awww he's so cute
You know, I actually have Cerebral Palsy myself, so the cat and I have something in common!

I was actually wondering the other day if there were any "disabled" cats. I guess so
Yep! There are a fair number of disabled cats out there...CH cats and those with other disabilities. (Though, at least as far as Forest is concerned, "disability" seems a misnomer...there's nothing that cat can't figure out how to do if he really wants to!) Until fairly recently, many disabled cats were put down out of the misguided belief that they were suffering or couldn't have a good quality of life. Fortunately, though, there's less of that going on these days. Those of us who are fortunate enough to have a disabled in our lives have found out how very special they are and what a wonderful spirit they have. If anyone's interested in seeing more CH cats, here's a link for a group of CH kitty caretakers: www.chkittyclub.com.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by troublesome2

He looks so happy, especially in the picture where he is sat in the sun
actually he looks a bit like my kitty Alfie
I love that pic in your siggy!! It looks like you have two orange tabbies, too. It looks like your two boys look a lot like my two. Here's a pic of my two together:

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some new pictures of Forest. He loves to have his picture taken. He's such a little ham...he poses when he sees the camera, and he'll yell at me if I take pictures of the other boys without taking one of him.

He's got a new box to climb on. He thinks he's king of the hill up there!

A few nights ago, he discovered a new toy...the paper towel roll! He had so much fun with it, we just let him at it.

I caught him sleeping here, so he didn't have time to strike a pose.