Saw our little baby!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went for the nuchal translucency ultrasound (which tests for Down Syndrome and trisomy 13 and 18) today and it was so cool! When I last saw "Squirt", the little bean was only 6 weeks along, so just a blob. This time the little bean actually looked like a baby!! It was so amazing. Squirt was moving around, jumping up and down, and moving its little hands. Then Squirt settled in a not so good spot for the neck measurement, so she used the scanner thingy to push Squirt around a bit, which got Squirt jumping again

All measurements were spot on, the heart was beating away fine, and everything looked good! DH was there as well which was nice, because this is the first time we've really seen the baby and I'm so glad we could see it together.

I got pics, so will scan them tonight and post them up. Yay for little Squirt!

Ohhh man I'm still coming down off my little high
It seems so much more real now. I had that nagging little "what if something's gone wrong, and the baby's died, or has stopped growing or something horrible like that, and I had no idea" in the back of my mind, so it was such a relief to not only see it, but to see it being so active!

Edit: Here's the pic!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww!! Isnt that the most awesome feeling??
It does make it all so real.
BTW, sorry, but I dont know your due date??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm due October 12 (or thereabouts!)

I should add something to my sig with that...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Aww!! Ok
And you dont know what your having right?
Not yet
We get another ultrasound in about 6 weeks I think, and they should be able to sex the baby then.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so cool. I know you much be so excited, and probably a little scared as well. I know I'd be afraid of the pain of childbirth, although they always tell you that you forget about the pain, right after the baby is born.

I can't wait to see the pictures of your little "squirt". Looks like your baby is going to be born in the USA, right?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

That is so cool. I know you much be so excited, and probably a little scared as well. I know I'd be afraid of the pain of childbirth, although they always tell you that you forget about the pain, right after the baby is born.

I can't wait to see the pictures of your little "squirt". Looks like your baby is going to be born in the USA, right?
I'm not thinking about the actual childbirth bit yet... I'll try to ignore that for as long as possible!!!! Like any pain though, it passes, and you forget.

And yes, bub will be a dual US/Australian citizen

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea!
It is amazing isn't it? I have videos of Ab from the very beginning,when we were just able to see the sac, to the little kidney bean that wiggles (our infertility doctor had a really good ultrasound, so we could see the beginnings of arms and legs and see her wiggle at that early stage
), and the last one on video was at 11 weeks, and she was doing the same thing - jumping, bouncing...
It's so amazing!!!I'm so excited for you!!!!
I can't wait for the pics!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww what a blessing! I am sooo glad all is going well with the baby! Have ya'll thought of names yet?? How exciting!!!!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting! And reassuring! I'm very happy for you.

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

...I know I'd be afraid of the pain of childbirth, although they always tell you that you forget about the pain, right after the baby is born....
I still haven't forgotten, and she just turned nine!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Awwww what a blessing! I am sooo glad all is going well with the baby! Have ya'll thought of names yet?? How exciting!!!!!

That is such great news
an October baby, thats great
This all must be soo exciting too, my best friend just had her baby in December and o my I think I was more excited than her

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

And yes, bub will be a dual US/Australian citizen
that really cool to see that!!!!

by the way, does the child need to pick citizenship once the reach 18?
i only know, indo rules, which just changed to dual citizenship for under 18

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

that really cool to see that!!!!

by the way, does the child need to pick citizenship once the reach 18?
i only know, indo rules, which just changed to dual citizenship for under 18
Nope, it can keep both. Apparently the US doesn't recognise dual citizenship, but they don't make you give up other citizenships. And Australia recognises dual citizenship and doesn't have an issue with it.