I thought only dogs and husbands hogged the bed

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other night I was in bed asleep. Hubby was up late watching tv in the living room. I had the whole bed to myself till Ping came in the room. I swear I have no idea how a 10 lb cat can take up so much room. He climbed in on my side of the bed and stretched out as far as he could (head towards head of bed feet towards bottom). I woke up laying short ways across the bed (side to side feet hanging off bed) and squeezed tight to the head board. I tried to scoot back to my side of the bed. But no Ping was not having any of that. Everytime I tried he tried to bite me and kick at me. I ended up on hubby's side of the bed because I gave up the fight. Good thing hubby fell asleep on the couch or else he would have been hard pressed to find room on that queen sized bed.

Anyone else have any cute kitty hogging the bed stories?

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh where do I start!

At least 3 out of the 5 cats here insist of sleep on the bed with us at night...taking up half of the room! If we are REALLY lucky, all 5 will sleep on the bed! I won't go into how much my back hurts the next morning when all of them do that!

The other night Amelia was snuggled up in between my hubby and I. My hubby, in half sleep, reached out and put his arm around Amelia and gave her a kiss...thinking it was me. He then started splurting and coughing when he got a mouth full of cat hair ha ha!!!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm...lets see Stormei, Blue, and Bella LOOOOVE to hog my bed, also its a fight and race when I lay down whos going to get to lay right on me
But usually I have bella next to my chest (as close as she can be) o and I have to have my one arm out and let her "cuddle" on it, then she moves through the night and I wake up with her someone on my legs, and then my legs are all over the place
Blue will fall asleep on top of me but then moves to the bottom of the bed usually and is stretched out as much as she can adn well she is a looong skinny thing
then stormie wil either cuddle or stretch herself on the other side of me so I am in the middle of course or well she will go to the top of my pillows and sleep there as well, mind u I have a queen sized bed and its just me, they make sure i have no room

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sonic curls up quite small. But the way he goes about it makes it very uncomfortable. I sleep on my side - He will plonk himself down in a sitting position with his front paws and tummy right up against my face. He will then lie down, forcing me to tip my head back a bit. Then he will put his paws on my face and chin and stretch, forcing my head right back.

My neck hasn't felt right for weeks

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

The other night I was in bed asleep. Hubby was up late watching tv in the living room. I had the whole bed to myself till Ping came in the room. I swear I have no idea how a 10 lb cat can take up so much room. He climbed in on my side of the bed and stretched out as far as he could (head towards head of bed feet towards bottom). I woke up laying short ways across the bed (side to side feet hanging off bed) and squeezed tight to the head board. I tried to scoot back to my side of the bed. But no Ping was not having any of that. Everytime I tried he tried to bite me and kick at me. I ended up on hubby's side of the bed because I gave up the fight. Good thing hubby fell asleep on the couch or else he would have been hard pressed to find room on that queen sized bed.

Anyone else have any cute kitty hogging the bed stories?
No, but wives are just as guilty as husbands, if not more so!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We upsided our bed from queen to king just for that reason and they still hog the bed!
Rocket will sleep on Dh's feet and not move an inch (dh calls him the potato sack cat) all night, Twig will come up and either lay ON us or on a pillow in between our heads, OR will bat at the covers until someone lets him under them.
Isis and Luna fight over who sleeps by moms chest. Sometimes Isis will sleep in DH's side and push him into the middle of the bed but not very often. Neffie is the outsider still and she sleeps in the cat tower by the bedroom. She will occassionally come up in the mornings and cry but usually it's after all the other cats have basically cleared out and then she will bring her mouse in and drop it on my head to play with her.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Funny you should bring this subject up. This morning I awoke with a kink in my spine that I am presently putting ice on. I know it's because I was shoved up against my boyfriend's back all night because the two cats curled into a big ball and took up over half the bed.

When my boyfriend went away for two weeks with work recently, I thought to myself "finally I'll get a good sleep because at least I can sleep on his side and the cats can have my side".

The first night he was away, I woke up in the morning lying horizontally across the bed, up where the pillows are! Seems the cats took advantage of his absence and took over the whole middle of the bed, forcing me up to the top!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pearl sleeps right by my feet, Scooter curls up behind my knees, Pepper right by my chest with her paws around my neck. If I have to get up, I have to thread my way out from between them, or they will start howling and wake my SO.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you better believe it that not only men and dogs are bed hogs.
my two kitties are the biggest bed hogs ever.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my double bed is against the wall, and charlie decided he didn't want the end of the bed as usual, he decided to plop himself right in the MIDDLE! So i had the slip in sideways and get everything comfy so i wouldn't annoy him. And he was in the same position this morning! So i had to crawl down and climb over the foot of the bed!!!!

Little rat

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess I am lucky. Karma starts by cleaning herself in between my DH's legs for about 15 minutes them she will walk across me and get into her own bed right next to my head. She will kneed and purr for about 30 minutes in her bed then fall asleep. She really only likes to fall asleep in her bed. It does not matter where we are sleeping it just has to be next to me. She prefers her own space. I think I am lucky, I don't have to deal with a kitty forcing me to sleep in one position all night. I just have to make sure every so often my hand falls into her bed so she can cuddle up against it. I think she is just happy to have a bed that is safe and is all her own. I do wish though she would sleep with us but I understand. I would love to have my own space thats mine all mine.