where should I get my new cat tree?

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I just got a pretty nice settlement (previous back injury) and decided I should splurge and get the kitties a new cat tree and maybe a couple of window seats being that we have a lot of windows! I would like a large one..they would like a large one
. Anyone got pics ,ideas? I'm excited and I'll be getting a new bed for me and taking some yoga classes and probly find a good chiropractor for the good ol back! (And find a new apartment!!! )

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last two trees I got I purchased at PetsMart, and I am VERY happy with them. I posted pictures of them both on TCS in FurPics. However, you will DEFINITELY need a new chiropractor if you decide to carry one into the house all by yourself! Ouch!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Petsmart is kinda far for one who doesn't drive, I think it's a good few downs over.....

maybe online?

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ebay!!!!!!!!!
Or look on Meowhoo.com for cat trees...they list lots of cat tree sellers

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never have much luck on ebay. I think I had checked out mewhoo.com a while back...I do like the trees!!!! maybe a few of them would actually be caught hanging out on it together!!!!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With regards to ebay, sometimes its worth contacting the sellers direct and saying 'would you accept x amount for this cat tree', if you dont have much luck with auctions.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are looking for a new place, maybe hold off getting the cat tree. If it will be awhile, get one now. We got ours at Petco. Petsmart also has some nice ones.

Whatever you get, be sure it has a very sturdy base so it cannot be tipped over if you have cats over 10 lbs. Ours is simple - has a few shelves and a round bed on top. But we'll probably be getting a 2nd one, as Ling and Charlie argue over who gets the bed on top

If you have a local cat show coming up, many times they have cat treehouse vendors at the shows with special show prices (usually cheaper then Petco/Petsmart). Before I moved, my tree houses were bought at the shows.

Also the tree house should be a minimum of 4-5 feet tall.

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in the UK so it cost me £40 and postage was £15 pounds so £55 in total which is a bargin concidering the size of it!! It is brand new and came in a HUGE box, which they also loved to play in!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You DID get a bargin. That tree over here would be about $200 (maybe more)
Its really cool. Also would go very well in our living room....hint hint. Maybe you should send it here

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you find it, GoldenKitty? It looks like they have them IN the US, ready to ship! Maybe you can do this!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did a quick search - found some others - mainly solid colors but will look into it further and have DH look at them too

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

So I just got a pretty nice settlement (previous back injury) and decided I should splurge and get the kitties a new cat tree and maybe a couple of window seats being that we have a lot of windows! I would like a large one..they would like a large one
. Anyone got pics ,ideas? I'm excited and I'll be getting a new bed for me and taking some yoga classes and probly find a good chiropractor for the good ol back! (And find a new apartment!!! )
Just scroll up to the top of this page and you will see cat condos from one of our sponsors. I always like to buy from one of our sponsers when possible. You can find very good deals right here on The Cat Site. In fact, I think a question similar to this may soon show up on KATKWIZ. For details, click on KATKWIZ below.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the biggest one on there! I have to wait till the move now
but still I will be getting it