Green cow Tripe?

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is this a good food inticer for cats? Right now I'm using it to convince Bindi that dead mice are good to eat. Lately I have bee using Tuna water for the same effect but I heard its bad for Cats.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most cats and dogs love tripe ... my three think it is horrible....

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to put tuna water or a bit of sardines or something with tripe to get mine to eat the tripe!! Is stinky too!! But i think they adapt to it. I think (although sorry if i'm wrong) that tunas not good to feed often due to the magnesium levels but i don't think a little does any harm.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pawsandwhiskers

I have to put tuna water or a bit of sardines or something with tripe to get mine to eat the tripe!! Is stinky too!! But i think they adapt to it. I think (although sorry if i'm wrong) that tunas not good to feed often due to the magnesium levels but i don't think a little does any harm.
no it is a vitamin E issue with tuna...

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh ok, the vet had said magnesium to me but she prob just bluffing! Do you know if this applies just to tuna or to other canned fish?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pawsandwhiskers

oh ok, the vet had said magnesium to me but she prob just bluffing! Do you know if this applies just to tuna or to other canned fish?
most fish is high in mg .. since unlike chn beef or lamb fish is grd up with the cartilage

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ah ok. I have recently switched mine to a raw diet but in order to get them to eat certian food i have to use tuna water or more often i use sardines mashed in. I haven't found any info saying sardines are bad. You think they are ok? They generally have a balance of raw rabbit mine with bone ground in, chicken, beef, occassionally lamb (but they're not too keen). They also have liver, heart tripe etc but this is particularly where i have to mix some sardines! Also they have a little veg blended with sardines. They still have kibble down as one is a bit picky!!! Any advice v. welcome. And I'd like to know other peoples views on the fish aspect.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My vet has a sign a sardine a day keeps the vet away... Make sure to buy the ones in good oils like olive
.. I too have a raw eater who likes fish

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ooh thats good news then. yes they like the ones in oil best! I'm very keen to get the balance with feeding right so always like to get advice. MOst of my friends think i'm crazy feeding raw!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a fish lover who hates poultry. I limit his fish intake to fish cat food, except for special occasions, and try to give him a little fish mixed with lots of meat, e.g., 96% chicken with 4% calamari or shrimp, or 50% chicken and 50% salmon. He really prefers dry cat food, so I figure/hope the benefits of wet outweigh the potential danger of too much fish.

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it certainly does stink!! really not a good thing to smell first thing in the morning, turns my stomach!! Chopping up liver makes me feel pretty rought too!!!