A squirrel adopted into a litter of puppies

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if she ever managed to release Finegan into the wild? My mom has raised several orphaned squirrels, and they pretty much have all stuck around and continued to be pets. One even used to enjoy car rides.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw - that is so sweet. I wonder if she was able to release him into the wild. He would be pretty tame after all that!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was so sweet. Not sure where she lived, but city squirrels are pretty tame anyway, so he'd probably do ok released. Unless he thinks all dogs are nice and meets up with a nasty pup that wants to get squirrels (like mine).

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are all adorable. I love little squirrels. Personally I don't think she should release it back to the wild. It may be too trusting to be able to live safely in the wild.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

That was so sweet. Not sure where she lived, but city squirrels are pretty tame anyway, so he'd probably do ok released.
You got that right! One time, I visited my parents in Philly, and crashed out on their front porch glider due to jet lag. I woke up to find a squirrel on my chest, tasting my make-up! That was a "Twilight Zone" experience.