Getting new kitty! So excited!

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We're adopting a friend for Pups! We're going through a local no-kill shelter (actually a foster home with lots of cats).

The list of kitties:
http://search.petfinder.com/shelterS...ort=&preview=1

We're going next week to meet them. After talking with the foster meowmy, we are looking at either Anastasia, Ava, Precious, Juliet, or Denny. Taffy looks identical to Pups and is apparently a sweetie, but apparently he's "independent" and has claimed their bathroom as his territory and his alone.

Ava is the most likely candidate right now, or possibly Precious. Ava has apparently made friends with Alexander, who is also "special" like Puppy. I hate to split them up though, and we can't have 2 special kitties.

I'll post pics when we get the new kitty!

I've never adopted from a non-SPCA run shelter before, and this one is out of a home. Is there anything in particular I need to know? I do know all kitties were tested negative for FIV and FeLV and are fixed. I just can't imagine how one has 22 cats in a home...we'll see how this goes.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Try to hold off on deciding or setting your heart on one until you meet them all.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! Keep us updated as to who you pick and good luck with the settling in process - look fwd to pics!!!!

On that site, Anastasia takes my fancy!
But they are all lovely!

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think thats great. I like Juliet she is begorgeous.

Is it me or does she look alittle cornish rex.. the coat. Am i blind?

Jenn

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats, before we got blue and tessa we too were looking at anastasia but the lady said she is more of a laid back kittie and likes to be on her own sort of, she tolerates the other animals but we needed an active one for our crew!
!! But I hope u decide on the right one, or few
Let us no how everything goes and which one u guys choose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Anastasia's lovely, but she's independent. It sounds like she'd be fine with Pups, but not keen on being his buddy or anything. He's ok with cats like that, so she's still on the list. Besides, we need to change the cat's name to fit the theme, and I don't think we can change hers. She just looks like an Anastasia.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bab-ush-niik

Yeah, Anastasia's lovely, but she's independent. It sounds like she'd be fine with Pups, but not keen on being his buddy or anything. He's ok with cats like that, so she's still on the list. Besides, we need to change the cat's name to fit the theme, and I don't think we can change hers. She just looks like an Anastasia.
ya that she does
she is very pretty and her name just does suit her, im glad shes still on ur list tho but with us having a kitten and 2 other playful adults she just didn't fit our family so to speak
It was a tough decision u know
But there are alot of good ones there, somehow we ended up going to a private rescue in verona, and thats were we ended up getting blue and tessa and of course it was a cageless house! My mom was on petfinder everyday until i called the one rescue and as a matter of fact i called about antastasia
she is such a pretty girl, they all are! and we were interested but still did looking around u know! Next thing I know we have 6 cats
But u do have same great choices there, be sure to keep us updated on everything!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, we visited today! The place was really well taken care of. She had complete records on every cat, and new each one well. After meeting them, we're leaning strongly towards Juliet. Precious was adorable and had such sad eyes! And Ava was very cute, though she was a little nervous today. We did meet Anastasia too, she kept trying to get attention while we were petting Precious and Juliet.

Juliet's definitely a cuddle kitty though, and she still has the energy to play with Puppy if they get along. The pictures on the site don't do her justice, she's a beautiful black kitty. We're going to think it over tonight, and then go pick up a kitty later this week.

Sooo many sweet kitties....Mamma, Mitzi, and Kat were all vying for attention, too. I just don't have the patience for longhairs though.

Oh, and in response to the earlier posting, Juliet's not a Rex. It's just the picture. She's just a fluffy little black cat. Her coat is very dark and healthy looking. That picture might have been from when they first got her, because she's got a very full coat now.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am glad that everything went so well tonite, please let us no what u decided
they are all such cuties! Its so hard to go places like that well any shelter and such because they are all so cute and all want affection and it makes it so hard to choose