I would NOT order lunch if i did not want it to be cooked first! Gurrrrr!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am beyond annoyed at the moment! Colin and his friend went to our local Pho resturant for lunch. He ordered me my favorite dish, Pho ta, to go. Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup- the kind i like has sirlone steak in it sliced really thin- it's amazing! (he's 1/2 Vietnamese so we eat tons of Vietnamese food- it's really yummy depending on what you get) Well the resturant we normally go to really just screwed up my order. They sent him home with a to go thing- it had a jar of broth (the soup broth) and inside the little to go box one compartment had rice noodles, the other little onions, and the other- UNCOOKED meat! HELLO! When we order lunch- we EXPECT it to be cooked first!
What kind of idiot did that! I'm sooooo mad. Is it not enough that i was hospitalized not even two weeks ago for food poisioning soooo bad it gave me colitis!
But now people are intentionally giving me uncooked meat to eat
I am sooo annoyed! Now i have to cook the lunch which should have already been prepared- which we paid those cooks to fix for us, myself. Gurrrr!
This really irks me because it's one of my favorite resturnats too- they've never done anything like this before. Thank goodness i have common sense and looked before i tried to eat my lunch!
Now instead of eating i have to cook my food which they were supposed to fix already
Sorry to complaine- but i soooo needed to vent! What kind of idiot sends raw meat home with someone who orders out!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you call and complain to management? That would be my first reaction!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Did you call and complain to management? That would be my first reaction!
No, i'm making it myself now on the stove
I don't feel like arguing with someone on the phone at the moment. I REALLY like this resturant, i'm hoping someone just made a mistake. They have great ratings from the healthy dpt and all. I ALWAYS check- especially since the whole food poisioning thing. I did however tell Colin he should have checked my food before he ever left- had he checked it he could have nipped it in the bud right then and there
I hope i don't mess it up- i've never made Pho before

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when you order take-out and it comes wrong - you are so looking forward to it and then its spoilt ! But raw food
I agree they need to know about that !

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya'll are right- i'm calling the resturant to kindly explaine to them what happened.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm... I love Pho soup! At one place I know around here, if you eat in, they give you raw meat to put into the broth. The broth is boiling hot. It's kind of like meat fondue. If you eat out, though... they give the meat to you cooked... maybe they just got confused.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Hmm... I love Pho soup! At one place I know around here, if you eat in, they give you raw meat to put into the broth. The broth is boiling hot. It's kind of like meat fondue. If you eat out, though... they give the meat to you cooked... maybe they just got confused.
This is apparently what happened- i just got off the phone with them. They were very nice (as was i) and appologized for the mistake. (At the resturant we eat at they don't serve the meat raw- they serve it cooked) Apparently one of the staff just accidently mixed up the ordered meat and didn't realize they had put raw in there. They appologized for it. I'll let it just be. I'm trying to cook it on the stove now- i need to check on it before i burn it

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, at least it's all straightened out now... but how could someone not notice the meat they were handling was raw??

I think I know what I'm doing for dinner tonight... shrimp and chicken pho with rice noodles. And all that other stuff. My birds will get the fresh jalepeno peppers.
Yummy!!! Thanks for posting your little ordeal... now I have an excuse to get out of the house tonight!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, at least it's all straightened out now... but how could someone not notice the meat they were handling was raw??

I think I know what I'm doing for dinner tonight... shrimp and chicken pho with rice noodles. And all that other stuff. My birds will get the fresh jalepeno peppers.
Yummy!!! Thanks for posting your little ordeal... now I have an excuse to get out of the house tonight!
hehe no problem! it actually turned out really well! i just checked it- i cooked the meat in the broth first after i heated the broth then added the onions...then the rest of the stuff
I should start making my own!
I'm still annoyed they gave raw meat (if i hadn't just delt with food poisioning that landed me in the hospital it would be different!) but i'm just soo hungry i don't care right now lol. I'm ready to eat!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mouth is watering.... mmmmmmm.... onions, cilantro, yummy broth, fried onions, mint leaves, mmmm... dang it. Why did you have to make me hungry?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

I hate it when you order take-out and it comes wrong - you are so looking forward to it and then its spoilt ! But raw food
I agree they need to know about that !
That's the big reason why we don't order take out...or go through drive throughs...its just too risky! Even if we're going to take our food home, we get down & order it...and check it every time before we leave the place.

Sorry you had to go through all this Nikki...but I'm glad you were able to fix it! Hey...it sounds really good...you should start making your own!

Hilda>^..^<

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow you were alot nicer than i would have been .. i am glad it worked out for you though.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not my idea of gourmet cuisine lol

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldnt've been nice about it
That's dangerous if there was any cross contamination from the raw meat. Did they give you a free meal or anything? (I haven't read through the whole thread yet) *lol*

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My mouth is watering.... mmmmmmm.... onions, cilantro, yummy broth, fried onions, mint leaves, mmmm... dang it. Why did you have to make me hungry?
Hehe just to torture ya! Did you get your Pho tonight????? Hey you should try making your own sometime! It turned out well earlier when i fixed it all up on the stove.
I'll call Colin's mom sometime and see what all we need to put in the broth - his mom is an AMAZING cook!!!!!! I love her to pieces- she's always teaching me these neat Vietnamese meals and all when we go visit! We'll spend an whole day in the kitchen just having a blast cooking

What kind of Pho do you like best? I like Pho Ta (beef) Colin likes Pho Ga (chicken)

Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

That's the big reason why we don't order take out...or go through drive throughs...its just too risky! Even if we're going to take our food home, we get down & order it...and check it every time before we leave the place.

Sorry you had to go through all this Nikki...but I'm glad you were able to fix it! Hey...it sounds really good...you should start making your own!

Hilda>^..^<
I usually don't to take out eithor- it really wasn't - he ate lunch there and ordered a pho to go for me- so they didn't deliver it. I wish he would have checked it before he left though- but it's ok- everything worked out alright.

I'm definitely going to start trying to make my own now that i know i can do it!

Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

wow you were alot nicer than i would have been .. i am glad it worked out for you though.
I was nice to them because they are always soooo friendly and kind to us whenever we go eat there- they go out of their way to make our lunch/dinner very comfy and nice so since they're nice to us i wanted to be civil with them when i called. And i'm glad i did- they appologized for it and were very nice.

Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I wouldnt've been nice about it
That's dangerous if there was any cross contamination from the raw meat. Did they give you a free meal or anything? (I haven't read through the whole thread yet) *lol*
No- they just appologized for it- they offered a free meal - but i didn't feel like driving to go pick up a cupon/ It's ok though they were sweet about it. I just don't take things like that lightly- i JUST had food poisioining sooo bad it gave me colitis and threw me into the ER- This is why i usually cook everything i eat myself so i can make sure it's done and safe. It wound up ok though- i fixed it myself on the stove and it actually turned out pretty good
IT was just weird though you know cuz when you order something, you expect it to be cooked!