Whoops

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry guys, I didn't even see this area for intros and went ahead and busted in with posts elsewhere.

Here I am, 36, married for 10 yrs (huh?), 2 babies...err toddlers now! (huh?!!) ages almost 3 and almost 2. Hailing from New England with a wikkid accent when in the mood.

I have 5 indoor cats at the moment, 3 boys (brothers) age 5yrs. Mom was pure Himmy but dad was traveling salesman, so these little guys have some gorgeousness.

Caesar is white with lavender tipping and blue blue eyes.
Grayboy is well....gray, but gray velvet, with some white tipping and green eyes.
Roo is black silk with white tipping and green eyes.

They seem to be the 'negatives' of each other, heh. Medium -long haired.

I have 2 girls rescued while we were in St Maarten. I worked for wonderful veterinarians there and I hope there are still doing their magic.

Kowee is a dark tortie who firmly believes she is human. She scares us all.

Frodo is a calico with the longest tail you have ever seen. People comment all the time.

THe girls are interesting because they have that island-cat physique: long, tall, and sinewy.

I found this forum while investigating new marking behavior....i have it narrowed down to 2 male suspects, (threaded about this in Behavior).

I wish I had more time to read and post; life is crazy at the moment. But this is a great forum with a wealth of compassionate, loving, and informative cat lovers. Hooray!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and a warm welcome to you and your fur-family
they sound so adorable, cant wait to see some photos
we love photos here

Well glad you dropped in to join us and enjoy the forums

......I'll go off to check your other posts then

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Mooficat

I would love to post pics but I dont' have it all figured out yet, or if I am too new to even post pics?

I am binge-reading now to get all the scoops. This site is much larger and more extensive than I realized (which is a good thing!).

As I finish this post, Roo came over because his Ben & Jerry's ice cream sensor must have buzzed. We have to share around here

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I think you can post pics as soon as you join?

Look fwd to seeing pics of your furbabies!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great site as u can see and it is filled with so much information and is very helpful too
Also everyone here is so nice, and of course we do have fun around here too
But anywho, I cant wait to see pics of ur crew, we just
pics here ! Well see u on the forums

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you

Just trying to get used to the place.

I thought I figured out pics earlier and was feeling good. But then I moved on to banks and points and gifts and tax and whatnot.

Must.Get.More.Forum.Savvy.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jpawz

Thank you

Just trying to get used to the place.

I thought I figured out pics earlier and was feeling good. But then I moved on to banks and points and gifts and tax and whatnot.

Must.Get.More.Forum.Savvy.
It's a lot to take in at once, huh?

Either way...Welcome to TCS!
You can PM the mods here...or any of us really. We'll either help you or admit we're lost & direct you to someone else!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!

I use photobucket.com to upload my pictures, then it gives you the img code to post here. I would love to see pictures of all your little darlings

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Paula & White Cat Lover & anyone else~~

Thank you, thank you!

Spent a rather chaotic morning at the vet's. Ending up tapping the bladder for a fresh urine sample--clean--and long story short, 2 of my boys are going on Fluoxetine.
: Oh the Joy!

I know they are bitter pills but I have always managed to get pills down. Long story short--frothing spittle and olympic spraying trajectory--went back for formulated tasty liquid. You didnt read this here, but at this point, I might take a swig of the prozac myself.

Boy #1
is isolated in bedroom cus he has that evil vet smell causing other 4 cats to terrorize him. Doesnt matter that they all were engaged in a love-in on my bed last night, reminded them all as I did.

Found an old (over 24 hours) urine marking under cabinets on counter. Lovely. I couldnt' convince myself it was butter

Boy #2
goes to vet this week for his chem panels and bloodwork and most likely a urine cysto (if I cant' get a pee sample overnight prior) then HE gets the iso room. I think *I* want an iso room

Oh meanwhile we could get buyers wanting to look at the house at any point so gotta keep the cats calm, 24/7 piss patrol and keep it off any visible areas, toddler paraphanelia neat & tidy, house pristine, and not go utterly bonkers in the process.

Did I mention my MIL is here for a couple days?

If ya'll dont' hear from me again after this post, assume I am strapped securely down in a nice white padded room

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, that's quite a situation you're in...fortunately you have a sense of humor about it!

I sent you a PM about posting pictures. Please don't feel pressured...we can certainly wait until things calm down for you!

If you have any more questions, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll be happy to help.

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, got your very helpful info, Clixpix, tyvm

I plan on working on a new Photobucket account this afternoon (I have a 2 hour window when my non - fur babies nap).

Oh update on my 2 boys: Tried the formulated liquid 'flavored' Fluoxetine.

Long story short: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHH!

Joke's on me. My cats had same reaction. It was like a seizure. I have tried every trick I know. They simply refuse the prozac and sulked in my room all day yesterday because of it. To further irk me, the one cat I have who is most laid back and happy *WANTED* the meds.

I was in tears of frustration at first but husband and I are thinking it's best to not have to deal with meds at all. I really would like to manage this marking behavior without drugs. I have a pack of Feliway coming, both diffusers and spray, and honestly, the 2 diffusers I already have going seem to be doing the trick.

I do tin foil the prior-marked window sills and close all shades every night as well.

So.....we shall see. Three days without a new marking is nothing to get overly excited about. But I am crossing my fingers!!!

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks!

I am so random here; cant' seem to find time!!!

A friend of mine has a gray cat named Loki; it's cool name

Still working on pics. Eventually....

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Hola y bienvenido a TCS!..

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS!!!...
..)

See you on the forums!
Thanks! Now isnt' that the coolest thing--talking to cat lovers all over the map!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jpawz;1701838 said:
Sorry guys, I didn't even see this area for intros and went ahead and busted in with posts elsewhere.

Here I am, 36, married for 10 yrs (huh?), 2 babies...err toddlers now! (huh?!!) ages almost 3 and almost 2. Hailing from New England with a wikkid accent when in the mood.

I have 5 indoor cats at the moment, 3 boys (brothers) age 5yrs. Mom was pure Himmy but dad was traveling salesman, so these little guys have some gorgeousness.

Caesar is white with lavender tipping and blue blue eyes.
Grayboy is well....gray, but gray velvet, with some white tipping and green eyes.
Roo is black silk with white tipping and green eyes.

They seem to be the 'negatives' of each other, heh. Medium -long haired.

I have 2 girls rescued while we were in St Maarten. I worked for wonderful veterinarians there and I hope there are still doing their magic.

Kowee is a dark tortie who firmly believes she is human. She scares us all.

Frodo is a calico with the longest tail you have ever seen. People comment all the time.

THe girls are interesting because they have that island-cat physique: long, tall, and sinewy.

I found this forum while investigating new marking behavior....i have it narrowed down to 2 male suspects, (threaded about this in Behavior).

I wish I had more time to read and post; life is crazy at the moment. But
this is a great forum with a wealth of compassionate, loving, and informative cat lovers.[/QUOTE] Hooray!
It sure is! And I just loved the descriptions you gave of your cats. I also wish you had more time to read and post because then perhaps we could see pictures of your family of cats. We love pictures around here! A big hearty welcome to TCS!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
Glad to have you here. . .I'd love to see some pics as well!

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Persi & Mollysmom~

I am working on the pics, I promise

What has taken front seat in my concerns though is the latest food recall issues. Between making sure I am not poisoning my cats, trying to sell this house, and build another house (oh and 2 toddlers seem to require attention), I havent' been able to be very consistant here

Maybe today, maybe today!!!