tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm NOT a breeder, just a soon-to-be Bengal meowmy, but the answer to all three of your questions is yes.

Please click on Kai Bengals siggy in one of his posts, and you'll link directly to his website. He has gorgeous cats.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoops, missed the rosetting vs spotting, LOL...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

The 2nd picture is more of a rosetting rather then spotting.

And yes, brown on a silver is "tarnishing".

Kai Bengals has a website - take a look at their cats

http://www.bengalshowcats.com/Meridi...idianpage.html
Hi,
Thank you for the info. i have been to their website and the area about bengals is under construction
I am hoping to adopt from them.

Jennifer

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My bengal Joey is a AOC snow spotted bengal. I have to say he's one of the most affectionate cats I have met. He loves cuddles and wants to be with me all the time. He differs from my other cats in his dislike of being caged, restricted or held for any time - he howls!!! E.g. vet trips give me a headache! He's also the most hyperactive kitten I have had but so much fun! Really rewarding. He seems to be very intelligent and picks up stuff really quick. He loves playing with water and has been known to get in the shower (although I think he finds that a bit too wet as never stays long!!). Joey is my first bengal so I can't comment on all the others but he's lovely! He's very vocal! Joey's coat has a lovely glitter, it looks like the ends of his coat have been dipped in gold!!

I hope you find a lovely bengal. Were you looking for a specific colour or not sure?

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am actually adopting Majesty Maggie from Kai Bengals. Shes's beautiful

Jenn

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you know what cat you're adopting first of all get a good personality description from Kai Bengals.

As for Bengal cats in general. Well I've only met a handful of them but I'm living with one and I've talked to a lot of bengal owners.

Mostly bengals are usually very very active, powerful and intelligent cats. They need a lot of stimulation to be happy. Lots and lots of playtime and if they're allowed to get bored they can get destructive. Either to things in your flat or even themselves.

Can be quite a handful especially when young but if you're prepared to cope with an active cat that will demand your attention lots especially for play and interaction.

Some bengals are lapcats, a lot of them aren't. Tend to prefer to be around you rather than on you but will be around you a lot, very social and wants to be in on most things going on around the house.

They're often quite vocal cats with a very wide range of vocalizations. There's chattering at birds, lots of chirpy noises for greetings, big loud meows for attention, weird chirpy squawks when picked up and they don't want to be picked up (Nikita does this and I've heard of other bengals that do that too)

This here is Nikita specific (all cats have different quirks) but should give you a taste of what it can be like living with a bengal.

I noticed the little things the most when I went on holiday for 2 weeks (boarded Nikita in a very good cattery while I went away) I suddenly noticed all the little things I'd started doing automatically that weren't needed anymore.

I.e you can't fidget with anything in my house or you'll most likely get pounced on by Nikita who thinks that you're playing with her. Can be quite a shock really to be absentmindedly fiddling with your hair or something and then BOOM! cat!! out of nowhere with sharp claws.

Not get woken up in the middle of the night by mad play dashes and running around (over and on top of the bed as well as running over the entire flat if you went out to see a movie and then went straight to bed rather than spending an hour tireing out the cat.

No scratches on your feet from tapping your foot while doing something else which is obviously a sign that your foot is a dangerous breed of mouse that needs to be hunted NOW.

No battle to keep the laptop plugged in when I've been on it for more than half an hour or so, unless I've had a good play session first and Nikita is relaxing. She'll otherwise often grab the power cord where it goes into the laptop with her claws and unplug the laptop.

Now I live alone and work full time so Nikita is asleep for most of the day while I work. This means it's extra important for me to really spend time with her once I get back from work.

Apart from all this though, bengals are absolutely fantastic cats if you're willing to take proper care of them. Well worth it.

Anyway I'll iterate again what I said at the beginning, get more info about the specific cat you're thinking of adopting. They're all individuals after all.

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think that was very informative,Thank You. It seems to me that a bengal will fit purrfectly in our busy home.

Thank you all so very much
jennifer

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heh, be prepared for a lot of activity. We had to get a second because the Mau and the domestic just simply couldn't keep up with the Bengal. The Mau is just as active, but the Bengal (well, he is an F3) personality just overwhelms her. She just didn't get it when she worshipped him and wanted nothing more in her brown spotted mau kitten life than to be best buddies with Kahn and he'd pounce her. We had to get a second one.

Get toys with long handles. I don't suggest playing with any toy with your hand with them. Now, I will say that ours don't go after feet or spring out at you from under furniture, but.. Kahn does everything with his claws out, including sleeping.. but he's got a lot of the ALC traits in him. We bought really long handled toys because when they leap, they leap. They will very easily cover the length of a room with one leap going over one swish of a toy, hehe. They're incredible athletes and nothing short of capturing the prize fazes them. That being said, neither of them have ever deliberately clawed me, but.. um.. yah, they're *really* intense and if they land on you mid-leap, it's guaranteed to be with their claws out.

They're great. Oh, and here's a word of advice.. never, ever, ever let your cat see you flush the toilet, especially letting it see whatever is in it flush and swirl down the drain. I'd go so far as to recommend keeping the door closed and/or the lid down. It fascinates them, and it takes *no* time at all for them to pick up on how to do something and make it work.

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i think all bengals look amazing, its really strange actually because my vet said Alfie's fur was like marble marmalade colour....?!! Has any one got any better pics of this marble markings as the 1st one looks slightly simular to alfies markings...!!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got some pictures of my marble, but she's a brown marble tabby.. so all of her colors are pretty dark brown, and the marbling is a much lighter creme. I think Kahn's coloring is much closer, but he's rossetted/spotted tabby. I'd love to see pics of that color marbling, though.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Heres a link that has some marbled snow bengals:

http://www.bengal-cat.net/SNOW BENGAL.htm

Mine are brown marbled tabbies too, so I'm not sure that would help much. Can you post pics of YOUR cat so we can see his pattern? The marble pattern is really a modified version of the classic/blotched tabby pattern, so there are many domestic and pedigreed cats that have a similar pattern. The biggest differences would be 1.) the flow of the pattern. It should be stretched out horizontally (going from head to tail) and have no circular bullseye pattern in the center. 2.) its desirable for a marbled bengal to be tri-colored, which means that there is the background color, the actual pattern color, and a thick outlining thats darker than the pattern color. The cats in that link are tri-colored.

Bengals are active though, as everyone here has already said, but keep in mind that every cat will have thier own personalities.

My two (had them for two weeks now) are practically polar opposites, but their from the same litter! Both are kind of shy, but my breeder told me that was typical of this particular line as the temperament is more like the F-generation cats.

My girl, Dreamer, is VERY curious and LOVES to play, but she wont let you touch her much. I'm slowly getting through to her, but she's really stand-off-ish. Not that she bites or is agressive. She doesn't even hiss at me if I reach out to her. She just backs away a little, then comes right back as soon as I put my hand down... Unless there's food in my hand that is! LOL!

My boy, Ares, is SUPER cuddly! He's not so much a lap cat, but he thrives on human touch. Its strange, because even my siamese doesn't like being petted as much as he does. He even purrs up to Duke (my siamese) and will seek him out to nap with him (when he's not sleeping in a drawer that is).

They both have amazingly muscular bodies, and yes they CAN jump! Very athletic cats, which is cool because they've got my Duke to be more active too.

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Than kyou for the link

I know he is a short haired domestic cat but have had so many people comment on his markings i wondered where he had got these from, his mother was a cross breed siamese.
They are not as destinctive as a bengal but just made me wonder hummm....

these are the only semi-good ones i have:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ynasty/1-2.jpg

his little spotted belly:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...y/SSL20549.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...y/SSL20552.jpg

P.S sorry to hog your thread

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If mom was a siamese or part siamese then he got the classic pattern from the father
I've seen spotted bellys on mixed breeds.

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont think they knew the father lol, thanks! He came from a big litter of 4 torti girls and 4 ginger boys!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If mom was a siamese or part siamese then he got the classic pattern from the father
I've seen spotted bellys on mixed breeds.
Since all cats are tabbies, is it possible that the classic tabby patern came from the siamese? I mean, a siamese could be any tabby pattern, but its hidden by the albino series genes that cause the pointing. I ask because Duke used to have a ghost classic tabby pattern. Its faded out now, but it was definitely a classic tabby pattern. I thought this was indicative of his 'moggie-ness" but I was informed by those much more knowledgable on this site that all siamese are tabbies. If they can carry for spotting and pass it to an ocicat, I don't see why they couldn't carry for classic tabby. Of course, I don't really know, just making a logical conclusion (in my own mind anyway.
)

BTW, thats a gorgeous spotted belly on a very handsome cat!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting that Duke had a classic tabby ghost pattern. The siamese that were used in the ocicat development were spotted tabbies!