Back from Germany

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I returned from my German exchange yesterday, having had a fantastic time! I realllly enjoyed myself, the girl I stayed with was lovely (even though we weren't completly the same) and hopefully I improved my german a little!

Best highlight was Europapark - Amazing rides, especially the Silver Star! Hung around with the year tens a lot, and there were some really funny moments, such as being asked if I was on the plane (you really had to be there, but it had me and her in stitches for the rest of the day) and wondering about whether Germans got migraines ("No, we are immune to all illnesses" :p)

Sad to leave
But happy to see my family and pets again! I really miss it though - We went out every night, spent all day doing things, just having a chilled time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
What part of Germany were you in? I live in southwestern Germany (Baden-Württemberg), and ended up living here permanently after just such an exchange program (I hail from the U.S. East Coast). Are you having any trouble unlocking doors, or setting the oven to the right temperature?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to go to Germany. The majority of my friends are in Germany/Italy/Switzerland for a week and a few days for a school trip. They're in Frankfurt right now.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you had a chance to visit Germany. It really is a great experience and I will always consider it my home. Yes, they are just like everyone else and not always immune to illnesses.
What part were you in? I used to live in Osterholz-Scharmbeck and my mom's family is mostly in the Aschaffenburg/Frankfurt area. I am hoping to go back and visit in a few years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

What part of Germany were you in? I live in southwestern Germany (Baden-Württemberg), and ended up living here permanently after just such an exchange program (I hail from the U.S. East Coast). Are you having any trouble unlocking doors, or setting the oven to the right temperature?
I was in Stuttgart
I love South-west/West Germany - I used to live near Kaiserslautern when I was little so it's kinda ingrained in me! I'd definatly consider moving there when I'm older
It's a wonderful country.

Hehe, no problems with ovens or doors! The people were (mainly) really lovely - Though they don't know how to queue (very strange for an english girl!)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I work in Stuttgart. Yes, Germans consider themselves disciplined, but have no idea of how to queue! I wish I had a euro for every time I've said, "Entschuldigung, aber es gibt eine Schlange!" (So nobody googles, etc., and thinks I'm talking about a snake, the translation is:"Sorry, but there is a line/queue!")

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hahaha, dont you just love it when you try to get off the bus, train or tram and all these people dont let you out??? they all just wanna get on and not let you through!

After living here for 5 years germany has grown on me, but its not a country where i want to live in forever.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fwan - Teufel is such a cool name for a cat!

I was very impressed by the tram service in Stuttgart - Fantastic. It's so different to over here because they run pretty much every hour = Some of my friends who live in villages are lucky to get two buses a day.