question for the british,

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just got off the phone with one of are IT guys in thailand.
we were talking about some stuff and my trip there in may, for work(with my back , i am not looking forward to travel at all) but he said he was looking forward to taking me to brithish pub there for quiz night, err, i have no idea what that is,

lol nevermind i found out

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well dang Bruce, you could at least tell the rest of us.... although I am SURE that Nate knows all about what happens at the pub...

BTW, congrats on getting your egg back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Well dang Bruce, you could at least tell the rest of us.... although I am SURE that Nate knows all about what happens at the pub...

BTW, congrats on getting your egg back!
in american terms, its trivia pursuit played with teams and in a bar,

if that seems right.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

in american terms, its trivia pursuit played with teams and in a bar,

if that seems right.
Well now, I imagine the answers get a little odd after a few pints.... that game is sometimes hard enough when you're sober, much less when you're squiffy...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think that is the idea? lol but it does sound fun.
even if i dont drink that much.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Well now, I imagine the answers get a little odd after a few pints.... that game is sometimes hard enough when you're sober, much less when you're squiffy...
they can be good fun, but some geeks take them way too seriously - arguments over technicalities and such - boring, boring
oh and if you sit in 'their' seats, death

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah yes the good old pub quiz.

Usually this is played in teams, so you go along with some friends. Each team pays a small entry fee to do the quiz, and you are given some sheets of paper to write the answers on. Sometimes there will be a sheet with photos of people and you have to write in the space provided who the people are.

There are several 'rounds' - usually subjects like pop music, history, geography etc. - the quizmaster has a microphone and reads out a question. Your team decide (quietly so you can't be overheard by the next table!) what the correct answer is and write it on the paper.

When the quiz is finished, all the tables swap their answer sheets (or hand back to the quizmaster who will hand them out to the other teams) and the quizmaster reads out the answers, and you mark the answers on the sheets you have been given, awarding points for each answer according to the quizmaster's instructions. Once the marking is finished, all the answer sheets are handed back to the quizmaster and he will announce the runners up and the winner. There are usually cash or beer prizes for the winners.

Even if this one is organised differently to how they are usually done here, I am sure that you will have a great time, they really are fun!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Ah yes the good old pub quiz.

Usually this is played in teams, so you go along with some friends. Each team pays a small entry fee to do the quiz, and you are given some sheets of paper to write the answers on. Sometimes there will be a sheet with photos of people and you have to write in the space provided who the people are.

There are several 'rounds' - usually subjects like pop music, history, geography etc. - the quizmaster has a microphone and reads out a question. Your team decide (quietly so you can't be overheard by the next table!) what the correct answer is and write it on the paper.

When the quiz is finished, all the tables swap their answer sheets (or hand back to the quizmaster who will hand them out to the other teams) and the quizmaster reads out the answers, and you mark the answers on the sheets you have been given, awarding points for each answer according to the quizmaster's instructions. Once the marking is finished, all the answer sheets are handed back to the quizmaster and he will announce the runners up and the winner. There are usually cash or beer prizes for the winners.

Even if this one is organised differently to how they are usually done here, I am sure that you will have a great time, they really are fun!
Now that would make me turn out at an American bar any night of the week!

The only thing we have here is a stupid trivia game that I've beaten three times.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Now that would make me turn out at an American bar any night of the week!

The only thing we have here is a stupid trivia game that I've beaten three times.
That does sound like a good time. I guess unless you pick the geek seat and lose your head...
then it's not so much fun....