Baby-to-Be Vibes Wanted! :)

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friends of ours are expecting a baby; she's actually past her due date by about a week.

They had a doctor's appointment today where she said that hopefully the doctor would say that they could induce. When we're not hanging with them in person, we usually communicate through MySpace. Well they both haven't been on yet (well except for this morning), which is kind of odd because she always blogs about her appointment afterwards.

Even though he is SUPPOSED to call us when she goes into labor (we're on a list
), we think maybe they're at the hospital and he won't be able to call until after the baby comes.

Lets hope today is the day!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many vibes on the way for a healthy baby and delivery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No baby, although my wife and I thought this was it. As I said, we didn't hear from them. Turns out they were just stuck at the hospital for a few hours and went out to eat afterwards. We wound up joining them for some trivia at a restaurant here.

Some not so positive news. Last appointment she was 2cm dialated, but now SOMEHOW she is 0cm dialated!

If he doesn't come by either the 9th or the 12th (depending on who you talk to, him or her) they'll induce.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I forgot to mention, the husband got our hopes up because he called us at about 7:30 on his cell phone. He NEVER calls us (he's an anti-phone, pro-myspace communication person) and I figured THIS MUST BE IT!

To top it off I left a stupid message on his answering machine "Hey guys, it's me. Just checking to see if you've had the baby yet. Haven't heard from you and I'm sure by now you would've blogged about it so uh... hopefully he's coming soon! ttyl. Bye *click*"

I'm such a dork

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They had the baby! They went in at 7pm Sunday to induce, and they wound up having a C-Section. He came out at 2:51pm and weighs 9lbs at 21"

We can't see him until Wendesday but we can't wait!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, what a big boy!! Congratulations to your friends, how exciting! Have they picked a name for him yet?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Wow, what a big boy!! Congratulations to your friends, how exciting! Have they picked a name for him yet?
Yes, Everett. I forget his middle name

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by troublesome2

Thats a nice name, i havent heard of that before! congrats to them!
Yeah it's his middle name. Of course it's kind of an "old man" name, but he's always wanted to name his son that, so I think it's great. It's unique too