Yeah!!! I've just bought a new cat tree

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After days of trying to win the auctions for this cat tree on ebay...I finally got it tonight...for £37!!!!

I'm over the moon! Hope the cats like it!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
looks great,

be very careful putting it together and definitely attach it to a wall for extra security.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

looks great,

be very careful putting it together and definitely attach it to a wall for extra security.
Attach it to the wall (VERY GOOD POINT..THANKS!!!
)..but this means my husband has to do some DIY??? Oh no, I'll run for cover now.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
deffently attach it to a wall , ours isnt very big about 4 ft?? i didnt think it needed to be attached , y/day i found out different and it came tumbling down , luckly none of the cats / kids got hurt. btw its lovely and lucky you , i never win the auctions for the cat trees lol.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Erm...can't believe Im asking this on behalf of my husband, but he asks how exactly do we attach it to the wall?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok,

well, firstly you have to be really really careful because you don't want any tight string that they could sever their neck on...

where ever you put it, hopefully it's near a wall find a point on the tree that is very close to the wall about halfway to 2/3s up. drill a hole for an anchor the heaviest weight you can stand. get one of those little screw in hooks and wrap twine around the hook and that part of the tree that is close to the wall.

we did this for our christmas tree and our cat tree and everything has been great... and because those two things don't really move, we keep the anchors in the wall and remove the hooks when we need to.

p.s my tree is free standing, i just butted it up against a wall..yours looks almost like a floor to ceiling tree...in that case you'd probably try to put it near a corner.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great, congrats
I was looking at them on Ebay and I couldn't believe how much shipping is. All of a sudden paying $30 for a cat tree doesn't look so good to me when shipping is $110.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

ok,

well, firstly you have to be really really careful because you don't want any tight string that they could sever their neck on...

where ever you put it, hopefully it's near a wall find a point on the tree that is very close to the wall about halfway to 2/3s up. drill a hole for an anchor the heaviest weight you can stand. get one of those little screw in hooks and wrap twine around the hook and that part of the tree that is close to the wall.

we did this for our christmas tree and our cat tree and everything has been great... and because those two things don't really move, we keep the anchors in the wall and remove the hooks when we need to.

p.s my tree is free standing, i just butted it up against a wall..yours looks almost like a floor to ceiling tree...in that case you'd probably try to put it near a corner.
excellent - thank you for that! yes its going in a corner indeed. what you have explained is a lot less complicated that what hubby and I were fearing!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a really great one! They will love it.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

that looks like sooo much fun. i hope they use it

i want a human sized one.
human size one? lol. well, you have your bike, dont you?

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cool!!! There is no WAY on God's green earth your cats won't be plastered to that within six seconds of assembly!!! Very nice!

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been checking on Ebay too. I figure if I buy one for $1.00, they start at .99 cents, plus about $60.00 shipping, it would still be cheaper. The ones I'm considering are about $120.00 at the pet store.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Great, congrats
I was looking at them on Ebay and I couldn't believe how much shipping is. All of a sudden paying $30 for a cat tree doesn't look so good to me when shipping is $110.
Keep looking...I got a decent one for $20 and paid $40 shipping

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If that's a floor to ceiling model, it probably doesn't have to be attached to a wall, too, as long as your ceiling is "stable", though it probably wouldn't hurt.
That's a great price!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes im happy with the price
postage is just another £10 on top.

I've always wanted a floor to ceiling one!

Their current cat tree which I bought for £45 off Zooplus.co.uk is about 1.2m high but as the 5 cats use it constantly, the scatching posts need replacing and the cats are always in competition with each other to get the highest ledge. At least with this new cat tree, they have a bigger choice of ledges!

I'm thinking of doing a repair job on their old cat tree if the local cat sanctuary want it.