Cat Meowing

dch123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have had this cat for about 2-1/2 weeks. Over the past few days, he has really started meowing. He just walks around looking at us and meowing, and also at night. He is also not yet neutered. He is 1 year old, and we have had to reschedule the neutering twice because he has had an upper respiratory infection (and we just found out he has Bartonella Disease). What is wrong with him? Does he want to go out and meet girls? HIs latest antibiotics have cleared a lot of his congestion up, so I'm thinking he is feeling better and wants to prowl.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dch123

HIs latest antibiotics have cleared a lot of his congestion up, so I'm thinking he is feeling better and wants to prowl.
You're probably right

The neutering should help. Was he talkative before getting sick? Even after the neutering he may still meow quite a bit, some kitties just love to make sure you know they're there.

You'll either grow to love his meow, learn to tune him out, or start talking back to him.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every now and again (I'm Southern, pardon the expressions) one of my cats does that. It's like he's talking to himself. I'm really not sure why he does it. If I talk to him he stops. Maybe your cat is chatting to himself too! Then again, I suspect neutering him will solve a lot of it!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We adopted Neely from a shelter. In the beginning she would walk around meowing, very loudly I might add, just like your kitty. I was told she was confused as to her new surroundings and she was talking as if to say, "where am I, what am I doing here?" It did stop relatively soon but at first it seemed like it would never stop. Best of luck, hopefully he will acclimate soon.