PETA updates on dry food contamination

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe anything that PETA puts out. They are a propaganda machine, and don't care about what is in the best interest of pet owners.

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you study PETA, they're more concerned about saving the chickens and the cows than our pets and they want you to feed your cat a vegetarian diet. I believe they would like every meat based pet food product on the market recalled.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As strange as it sounds for PETA to have a logical suggestion, it is possible and easy vitamins to overdose and kill animals. However these are measured and balanced before being sent to the plants, the companies set the levels for this. It would be difficult for that to be messed up at multiple plants unless someone did so in the original formulation.

Ironically at the time the OP was made I was making a post on a reptile forum concerning vitamin overdose, weird timing.
I've looked and looked for the article I had skimmed through last night on a site that mentioned not using dog or cat food (canned) because of vit. A and D levels, but wasn't able to find it again.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I can't believe anything that PETA puts out. They are a propaganda machine, and don't care about what is in the best interest of pet owners.
Yep that is how I feel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hareting

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

is that so?? I've never read /pay attention to anything about PETA before, just saw the PETA update from another cat site. is PETA a not very reputable organization?

But i did read about royal canin being sued for putting excessive vitamin D in their dog food, so that's why i thoguht it's some news worth reading.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-Afraid so
. They would rather all animals be wild, and for domesticated animals to disappear, according to their own leaders (there is a thread in the IMO forum about this, if you want to check it out
).

Thank you for the link, though, and for keeping an eye out for new info