Prayers or thoughts.....

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday evening, I got a phone call from my cousin. His 'wife' had died. Some months ago she was charged with grand theft. Her grandmother posted her bail, but she skipped it and has been on the run since then.

Yesterday afternoon, the police came to my cousins apartment to arrest Crystal.. I don't know how they knew she was there, but they knew.
While the police were talking to my cousin, Crystal was in the process of trying to jump from one balcony to the next, when she plunged 5 stories to her death.

The kids were in the apartment when it happened. The person who lived on the ground floor was outside when Crystal hit the ground. She stayed with her when she died.
Last I talked to my cousin, the kids didn't know that their mom was dead. Just that she was hurt and had to go to the hospital. They are 8, 6, and 4 years old.

And whilst I do feel bad she died, I feel worse that the kids had to be there, and that they are now going to have to grow up without their mom.

Prayers for the kids and their family is appreciated.

This is the only thing I could find on it so far.
http://www.achannel.ca/london/news_42426.aspx

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!! That is so sad.
She killed herself, why??

Many prayers to everyone involved!! Thats terrible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nono, she didn't kill herself. She was attempting to escape from the cops that were there to arrest her. From what we understand, she was dangling from the balcony, trying to get to the 4th floor one, to get away from the police, when she fell.

She very well could have jumped.... but I don't think she would purposely jump with ther 3 young children standing there.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Nono, she didn't kill herself. She was attempting to escape from the cops that were there to arrest her. From what we understand, she was dangling from the balcony, trying to get to the 4th floor one, to get away from the police, when she fell.

She very well could have jumped.... but I don't think she would purposely jump with ther 3 young children standing there.
OOOOH!! Ok, sorry. Thats still so sad.
I hate to think those 3 kids watched their momma die..........wow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah....... this is what is bothering me most of all. I didn't sleep at all last night thinking about them.

But there's not much I can do... I've offered to help him however he needs it.. watching the kids or whatever.. I'm here. He and the kids are currently staying with another cousin until they release the apartment back to him.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many thoughts and prayers for the kids... I hope they have enough good memories of their mom to sustain them.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many thoughts and prayers going to that family, that is so sad
I cant imagine how the kids are going to deal with this
! They are all in my thoughts and prayers

and many hugs to u

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear that she passed away.It must be hard on the kids after seeing what they did.
Many prayers coming that way for everyone.