We could have babies tonight

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think olivia is going into the first stage of labour !

She is pacing around, going into her nest, scratching and then sleeping, waking up and doing the whole thing again. She just vomitted and has a little diarrhea (i've read this is normal...hope it is!
). She keeps licking her 'bits' too.

I'm off to see to her but will post as and when anything happens.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow thats exciting! I hope all goes well for you and Oliva!

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww Minxie i'm so excited for u and Olivia, keep me posted..

I WANT PICS!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooo sounds like you might have some little 'uns soon - sending lots of soothing & calming birthing (((((((
vibes
)))))))

Keep us posted !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No news yet! I'm pretty sure she's in the early stages of labour still. she's doing the same thing as last night...licking her 'goodies' has increased and she was 'howling' quietly earlier (sorry 'howling' is the only way I can describe the noise lol)

According to what Ive read and the TCS birth info, it could be anytime upto 48 hrs.
I'm sure Olivia will keep me on edge for a little while lol

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After last nights and this mornings events (the vomitting, pacing and howling) I though we'd have babies by now

But Olivia seems absolutely normal....she switches from pacing around looking for a nest to completely chilling out, poor baby. So im completely clueless here.

All I can gather is that she has hardly eaten today (although she is drinking water), but there has not been any type of mucus plug discharge.

Im constantly on labour alert, keeping an eye on her every 30 minutes. But don't know if im reading into things too much?

I did rest my hand gently on her side whilst stroking her earlier and felt babies jumping left right and centre.

Ahhh the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
The vet said that she was due any time from beginning of April to next week.

Here's some pics of her which Ive just taken...you can she's bulging at the sides!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From those last pics, any guessing on how many babies you think there will be? The vet said he could not tell exactly.

I've just put her back into her nesting room (had to kick Theodore out of the crate!). The 2 boys, Theo & Boris, here think the nesting crate is a theme park and that its fun to steal Olivia's kitten food!!!

The funny thing I've noticed is that Olivia herself looks to be with Boris. I would have thought she would have wanted to be on her own (her instincts to protect her babies from other cats when they are born)....be interesting to see how it all pans out.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't even know your little Olivia girl was pregnant!!! She isn't very old herself, is she? I remember when she was just a sweet little fluffy kitten!!! Where DOES the time go?

Anyway, good luck on Olivia and her kittens! Looks like you'll have kittens in the next couple of days, if not tonight!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes time does fly quick lol..she's 13 months coming up to 14.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
is there any news yet? shes sure keeping us waiting! i hope they come soon. and i guess 5 babies.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning! Oh how I feel bad for getting everyones/my family's hopes up lol.....Olivia is on the floor next to my chair and looking at me as if to say 'ha ha Aprils fools'! She had a very calm night...i'm exhausted from waking up every hour to check on her!

She's still licking herself profusely, but resting, And she ate last night.

If its not labour then why the vomitting? why not eat much if anything for 24 hours? why the little howls? Accompanied with lots of nesting. This is why I thought it was birth time.

A friend who is a vet tech has popped in this morning and checked Olivia over. She said she was fine and it looks like they are due soon and told me to stop panicking. Nature would take it course. I understand that but i just want to make sure Im there when it happens, in case I need to intervene somehow or call the vet.

My vet tech pal was explaining to me that Olivia's digestive problems I mentioned above could be because of the increasing pressure on her tummy. If the vomitting continued it would be a concern, but it was only once...2 days ago.

I'll keep you updated!

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes!! You will have kittens by the end of the weekend! What Wookie said.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to say it, but in my experience what she is doing is totally normal, LOL. Once you finally give up, THEN she'll have them!
Originally Posted by minxie

Morning! Oh how I feel bad for getting everyones/my family's hopes up lol.....Olivia is on the floor next to my chair and looking at me as if to say 'ha ha Aprils fools'! She had a very calm night...i'm exhausted from waking up every hour to check on her!

She's still licking herself profusely, but resting, And she ate last night.

If its not labour then why the vomitting? why not eat much if anything for 24 hours? why the little howls? Accompanied with lots of nesting. This is why I thought it was birth time.

A friend who is a vet tech has popped in this morning and checked Olivia over. She said she was fine and it looks like they are due soon and told me to stop panicking. Nature would take it course. I understand that but i just want to make sure Im there when it happens, in case I need to intervene somehow or call the vet.

My vet tech pal was explaining to me that Olivia's digestive problems I mentioned above could be because of the increasing pressure on her tummy. If the vomitting continued it would be a concern, but it was only once...2 days ago.

I'll keep you updated!