I think my dog is allergic to my cats...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sneezes nonstop when she is in the house around all 7 of the cats! But outside she is fine and at other peoples houses she is okay too...

Anyways, I wanted to introduce "my" dog, Madalyn, but I won't have a picture of her until tomorrow. She is a purebred black and tan Pomeranian that I got at the pound. (already spayed, vaccinated, housebroken, good with other animals, crate trained for $10! oh and we have the same blue black hair!). My teacher was a Pom breeder and trainer and she recognized her as the type of Pom that a local Pom breeder here keeps. So we are pretty sure we know where Madalyn came from originally.

Of course she is a yapper! Very annoying piercing bark! I got her because her time was up at the pound. Also because I didn't know if she was spayed and I could just see some idiot person coming and seeing a little money making machine sitting there in the cage instead of a great little dog. AND didn't like to see such a small dog being kept on a cold soaking wet cement floor either. The big dogs are different because they just get their feet and bellies wet, but little tiny dogs manage to get water all over them. She was soaked for two days and then I finally took her home with me.

I am sure not ready for a dog I can tell you that much! Too much energy for me! I have no intention of keeping her but I must say, as each day goes by, I am sure getting attached! I have two great families interested in her.

I will post a picture of Madalyn tomorrow unless my digicam miraculously starts working again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fostering basically. Well, it was the pound so any old joe shmoe can go and get any dog and do whatever they want with it. So right now she is 100% my dog but I pulled her so that I can place her into a great home. I debated keeping her, but I think I should stick to my original plan to find her a forever home

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure you can find her a wonderful home! It's a great thing you pulled her. With your help, she'll find a home easily!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well isn't that sweet! Good luck finding her a home. I like Poms but a lot of them are yappy. Maybe you can train that out of her while she is with you. Too many people don't bother training small dogs properly. And then they just get dumped at the pound when they realize they don't like the dog's behavior.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Fostering basically. Well, it was the pound so any old joe shmoe can go and get any dog and do whatever they want with it. So right now she is 100% my dog but I pulled her so that I can place her into a great home. I debated keeping her, but I think I should stick to my original plan to find her a forever home
oh that's great!
I hope you find her her forever home. thanks so much for saving her! You are her angel.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't she a sweetie??!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

What a cutie!
I always thought they were buff colored.
usually they are! like in pictures you see most often, but they can actually come in all sorts of colors. I thought that too though and I thought maybe she was a Papillion mix or something.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh....I'm in love!!! I don't really like little dogs, prefer the bigger ones, but man....she is adorable!!!!
She'll find a home pretty quick being that cute!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, good grief, I'd have to keep her!!! She's a little doll!!! She looks like she's smiling, and thrilled to be with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as allergies go (check with your vet first, of course), most dogs can take Benadryl (yes, the kind that humans take) once or twice daily. With a dog her size, I'd cut one tablet in half, and give her half in the a.m., and the other at night. This may be enough to help her sneeziness around the kitties, if this is what is triggering her allergies. It could make her a bit sleepy during the day, just so you know.

Also, I would look into training her. Loads of info on the web for you to sift through...perhaps you can train her the "quiet" command, and to get her to do some enduring tricks...it would work in your favor to have her trained BEFORE placing her in a home, as many people want a dog where most of the work has been done already.

She's super cute!!!