First time owner, and just found the site

modega

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am a first-time pet owner, I was actually allergic to cats, and I found a kitten outside of my apartment about 5 months ago that was about to die, and took him in, and my allergy went away.

I'm 21 and go to college full time for Business Management.

Here is Mr. Kittys story.

I was walking up to my complex, and saw a pathetic looking yet beautiful kitten on the steps. You could count his ribs and he looked like he was about to die from starvation. I go over to him, and he jumps on my knees and climbs up my body and gets in my coat and won't let me leave him.

He has a collar, so I go to everyone of my neighbors and ask about him, and noone knows who he belongs to. So, I make fliers and post them in all 30 buildings in the complex, to no availability.

So, I decide to keep him after I fell in love with him. He is the sweetest cat I have ever met in my life. I think he realizes what I did for him.

After about a month, my allergy completely disapears. So, things get better from there.

The only problem I have with Mr. Kitty is he bites people, never me, but my guests. He usually does it pretty hard too. But, with him being a cat, he can't usually do very much damage.

However, with me he is the sweetest thing ever. He knows his name, and whenever I say Mr. Kitty he comes right on my lap and will sit there until I get up. I never had any issues with him with peeing or pooping and the only thing he ever did was spray recently, so I got him neutered and checked out at the vet since I didn't know how long he was feral for since his owner lost him.

This cat is so affectionate and will go up to anyone, and has no fear and let them rub his belly. He actually exposes his stomach to strangers, which I heard is very odd.

Other than that, I'm Gary, and joined the forum incase I ever need to ask anything. I have been browsing for a while, and it helped me make some important decisions regarding neutering him.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Please feel free to ask any questions you like and we'll do our very best to answer them for you!

Well done for recusing Mr Kitty! He sounds like a real sweetheart!

And please post photos of him if you can! We just love photos here on TCS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

modega

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll try to get some pictures up. I don't have a digital camera or anything like that, however, my mother took some pictures of him when we went to visit a few weeks ago and my dad happened to give me a scanner.

So, I will try to hook up the scanner tomorrow after I get it out of my car so I can upload a few pictures of him.

He is an orange tabby from what I understand. The vet used the term tabby, yet I don't know what it means.

He looks just like a tiger, and thinks he is one as well.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great story! You're a good person for taking this little one in. Seems like it was meant to be
Isn't it interesting how they can spot a cat person even when the person doesn't know they are one? If you can, please post some photos. Would love to see Mr Kitty
Not sure about the biting thing - maybe someone with more cat behavior knowledge will pop up.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow what a story
how wonderful that you took Mr Kitty in and even better that your allergies have gone away. awwwww I just love the story!!!

of course Mr Kitty knows what you did for him, I have no doubt in my mind that he knows! Your his rescuer and you two will have a special bond for a long time.

Welcome to TCS - I look forward to getting to know you both

modega

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His biting is very rare and unprovoked. For instance, I went to my parents house for a week, and decided to bring him along so he wouldn't be lonely.

I leave the house for a while, and my mother loved the cat, and was petting it. When I went out the door, she said Mr. Kitty sat and cried for about 20 minutes, and then lunged at her and bit her on the ankle.

He seems to bite only when he is stressed, and to play. He is still young though, my vet estimated he is only about 10 months old, which I was VERY glad to hear because that is just more time I get to spend with him.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by modega

I'll try to get some pictures up. I don't have a digital camera or anything like that, however, my mother took some pictures of him when we went to visit a few weeks ago and my dad happened to give me a scanner.

So, I will try to hook up the scanner tomorrow after I get it out of my car so I can upload a few pictures of him.

He is an orange tabby from what I understand. The vet used the term tabby, yet I don't know what it means.

He looks just like a tiger, and thinks he is one as well.
I was posting at the same time you were
Cats with stripes are usually called "tabby". I think they are all tigers at heart.

modega

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I was posting at the same time you were
Cats with stripes are usually called "tabby". I think they are all tigers at heart.
Hehe, yea. He definately believes he is a tiger. He stalks me a lot. I will be walking down the hallway, and he will be on the washing machine and jump off, swat me in my chest and run and hide under a table until he decides to strike again.

He never hurts me in his attacks though, it is all in good fun with him. He just enjoys surprising me I suppose.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice story, sounds alot like how i can by my second cat.
anyway sounds like mr kitty, has a little stress when you leave. One of mine will sit at the door and cry after i leave also,. She has awaken up the house hold a few times.

modega

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Nice story, sounds alot like how i can by my second cat.
anyway sounds like mr kitty, has a little stress when you leave. One of mine will sit at the door and cry after i leave also,. She has awaken up the house hold a few times.
That is exactly what my mother tells me whenever I go to visit her. She said as soon as I leave my cat sits at the door and cries for about 10-15 minutes. Then he camps out there until I come back.

Hehe, everytime I come back to my apartment, he is right there. I even bought him a little bed to put by the door since he decides to sleep there whenever I am not home.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great site and everyone here is so nice
Also great story and bless u for rescueing Mr.Kitty! I cant wait to see pics we just
pics here! Well see u on the forums

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Gary
we're so happy to welcome you and Mr Kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Gary, and welcome to TCS!
Your baby sounds precious!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and a warm welcome to you and Mr Kitty
What a wonderful thing you did by saving him
and from what you say he's obviously smitten with you too

Its great here, theres always lots to do and see, it can become a bit of an addiction

Well enjoy the forums and we are looking forward to seeing some photos
we just love photos here

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

My Radar is a complete horror around guests, he gets overexcited at having new people to play with and bites them - it sort of resembles a police dog trying to bring down a suspect. I either give the guests wand toys to distract Radar from going for their arms and ankles, or shut him in another room. He doesn't mean any harm but he has never quite realised that biting hurts.