Fang's penis

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fang had his penis out grooming and I noticed it is very dark pink to red on the top portion. I have cut back on his carpon, his volume and habits are the same, but I am concerned that there may be some crystals aggravating.
What color should the tip of the penis be? Should I take him to the vet to have it looked at?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds normal to me - I think it varies with the individual cat. Do you think it looks iritated? What color is your cat? Perhaps the color contrast with the fur appears darker?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beandip's is bright pink on the tip, maybe red in the very center...I will say that he (Beandip) only licks it in a special, careful way when it hurts. Other times he grooms it briefly and moves on...My other boys have dark skin, I haven't had a good look.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the info.
He sounds ok. His is around 1/4 inch, how big is your boys?
Just kidding

nedra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Megabytes is pinkish red in color. It freaked me out when I seen it since these are my first cats! I thought he was just kneading me like he did his mother cat...then I saw it and was like "WHAT" He has been fixed.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had only seen a bit of of Guin's in the 3 and a half years that I have owned him. However, the other day when he was cleaning it he managed to give me a very good view - I must say, I was a little bit freaked out but yes, it looked exactly like the tip of a red crayon!

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this, but what should a male's behind look like after he has been neutered?
After my Tonky was neutered, there was nothing "there" but something is growing back and is starting to look as he did before the neutering.
Is that normal?
Thanks.
Angie

dch123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat's is also this color. He is not neutered yet (we just got him from the shelter, and we are waiting for him to get over a URI before they can neuter him). I assumed I was only seeing it because he is not neutered. I had a male cat before, and I never saw his, and I assumed it was because he was neutered. I was rubbing the new cat's belly and I was afraid I got him a little excited

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angier106

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this, but what should a male's behind look like after he has been neutered?
After my Tonky was neutered, there was nothing "there" but something is growing back and is starting to look as he did before the neutering.
Is that normal?
Thanks.
Angie
It is normal. The outer "sack" is still there...they only take out the inside bits. This just came up yesterday...see this thread, particularly post #8

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121766

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Is it strange that I have never seen Saki's penis?
I usually only see Beandip's when he's having a bladder problem, because he will spend more than a few seconds licking it so it umm sticks out then. During normal everday grooming, his usually doesn't "appear".

I must say...I know this is a totally normal and medically related discussion, but the thread title sure got my attention.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

thanks for the info.
He sounds ok. His is around 1/4 inch, how big is your boys?
Just kidding
OMG!! That was a good one!!

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hehehe, I have to say that my little kitty Al who is nearly seven months old was having a wash and I was stroking him and I noticed a little red tip poking out
Had never seen one before, all other cats had been girls!! Glad he's keeping everything clean though
As he is only a kitten I don't think it would be fair to post any measurements, I wouldn't want the little lad to lose any pride. Hehehe.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Althekitty

As he is only a kitten I don't think it would be fair to post any measurements, I wouldn't want the little lad to lose any pride. Hehehe.

This thread is cracking me up!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Fang had his penis out grooming and I noticed it is very dark pink to red on the top portion. I have cut back on his carpon, his volume and habits are the same, but I am concerned that there may be some crystals aggravating.
What color should the tip of the penis be? Should I take him to the vet to have it looked at?
OK everybody, it is time to have a good laugh on ME! I have always had male dogs in my life. And before Persi, I have always had female cats. So last night DW and I were sitting on the sofa with Persi and I said "OK, I comb him every day and he has a lot of fur down in that area where I think it is so I comb very carefully there but I have never actually seen it. So then we spent the next few minutes searching for it. Meanwhile Persi was looking at us like we were crazy but he seemed to be enjoying it!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

OK everybody, it is time to have a good laugh on ME! I have always had male dogs in my life. And before Persi, I have always had female cats. So last night DW and I were sitting on the sofa with Persi and I said "OK, I comb him every day and he has a lot of fur down in that area where I think it is so I comb very carfully there but I have never actually seen it. So then we spent the next few minutes searching for it. Meanwhile Persi was looking at us like we were crazy but he seemed to be enjoying it!
LOL
I'm glad you found it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a good look at Pansy's and Fang's was definitely much redder. I went back to twice a day for the Carpon, and he is not cleaning it as much, so I can't get another good look. I did flip him over, but he wasn't having any part of it. Since he is not cleaning as much, and it looked redder than Pansy's, I am going to assume it was inflamed and he still needs two carpons a day. I was hoping to cut back.