Has anyone seen a Disney live musical?

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to see The Lion King a few years ago when it came to Dallas, and I was just amazed at the talent and the costuming..I would recomend this to everyone to see if you get the chance. I just heard on the TV that it is coming back to Dallas and I am just dying to see it again, but my budget just doesn't have it right now..bummed.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw Beauty and the Beast when it came to Dallas/Ft. Worth a few years ago, it was great! I'd love to see the Lion King, but I've already seen the Kodo Drummers and have tickets to see Wicked, so I think that's enough for this season!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No but I think it would be awesome!

I guess I saw Sesame Street Live when I was little... thats as close as I've gotten

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I live in NYC and in the entertainment industry, so I think I've seen them all.

Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Tarzan. And a few more

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw aladdin at disneyland and it was pretty awesome for a themepark show... does that count?

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved The Lion King! It was beautifully staged, the performances were amazing, and it was just different enough from the movie that I kept waiting to see what was new. (I also love any show where the performers go out into the audience, even if only for a minute or two. I like feeling involved.)

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago I saw BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and THE LION KING on Broadway. THE LION KING was actually sold out but they were selling Standing Room tickets, and as much as I enjoy sitting down(G), standing to watch THE LION KING was sooooo worth it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

We went to see The Lion King a few years ago when it came to Dallas, and I was just amazed at the talent and the costuming..I would recomend this to everyone to see if you get the chance. I just heard on the TV that it is coming back to Dallas and I am just dying to see it again, but my budget just doesn't have it right now..bummed.
I realize that The Lion King is coming to Dallas but DW and I manage to get to New York every now and then and we promised each other the next time we would see it on Broadway. We saw Mama Mia on Broadway and while we were in Las Vegas we won tickets to go see it. It just did not come up to the level of Broadway at all.

Meanwhile, I am quite happy with The Water Tower Theatre that only members from the Dallas area would know anything about.