New toys have arrived!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a banana in the mail today.
Along with it, I got the plastic springy coil toys that I've heard cats seem to love. I bought a package of 10.

Well, the banana seems to have gotten a rather lukewarm reception
but Ferris has been playing with those sproingy coils all over the house since I took them all out of the package.

He is having SUCH a good time that I hear crashing sounds coming from the kitchen right this second.

I think Ginger was already under the influence from some other new catnip toys we bought from a TCS member who was clearing out inventory (Thank you, Althea!) which is why there wasn't much interest in the banana.

When I came in after work, Ginger was busy pretending to be a tiger hidden in tall grass, and was stealthily stalking unknown and invisible prey in a corner behind the front door.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo - new toys!!! Thanks meowmy!!

Someone gave me a banana as a gift once. It has been so overly played with that it is completely flat but it still finds its way all over the house. If it doesn't work out at your place.....I can find a good home for it!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, new toys are so much fun!! You know we expect photos now right? The kitties playing with their new presents!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Someone gave me a banana as a gift once. It has been so overly played with that it is completely flat but it still finds its way all over the house. If it doesn't work out at your place.....I can find a good home for it!!
That sounds like the Honeysuckle Snake at our house - Mojo's official obsession.

Sounds like Ferris and Ginger are having lots and lots of fun with the new toys! (Just make sure all of your credit cards are accounted for, so they don't go shopping on their own!)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love those spring toys! Everyone loves them here...I even have some in the garage for the cats out there. They like to set them right on the edge of the car tire's path & then watch them spring out as I back the car out!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always fun when you have new toys to play with and pounce on.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the banana goes untouched, I think I know of a gray kitty in Ohio who might appreciate it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Originally Posted by gemlady

If the banana goes untouched, I think I know of a gray kitty in Ohio who might appreciate it.
Actually, I believe I did already promise 8-Bit could have it as a back-up if it wasn't appreciated at my place.

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Where did you buy the toys at?
The nip toys were from a TCS member's now closed website, but the banana and springs were purchased at www.arcatpet.com.

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have seen the spring toys on TCS but never saw them sold over here, and I have no idea what a banana for cats even is. They sound like fun ! Anyone who can point me to an online store where I can see (preferably but not necessarily one that ships to Europe) ?

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I only have so many friends where the opening line of "I got a banana in the mail" would make sense ...