Post Op

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maisie had her dental yesterday and she also had a drip.
I`ve noticed she hasn`t had a poo since sunday. She was fasted from 8pm sunday. Before she was usually doing one after she had eaten.
Is this usual after a G.A?
When should I be concerned?
I`ve noticed her gazing into the litter tray but in all other ways she is back to her usual self.
Oh, she has anti-biotics. Would this make a difference?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww I was only thinking about her ..the anti-bios will effect her, but if she hasnt had one soon I would check at the vets !

Give that angel some gentle tummy rubs from us

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much dry/wet food has she eaten since??? Does she seem her usual self??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww I was only thinking about her ..the anti-bios will effect her, but if she hasnt had one soon I would check at the vets !

Give that angel some gentle tummy rubs from us
Bless you!

I shall be digging around in her tray first thing tomorrow! Will give her tummy rubs from you, though she peed on her self at the vets so it will be whiffy ones. Don`t fancy bathing her. Think she`s been through enough for the time being, poor love. P.S Good luck for Ted !

Originally Posted by GailC

How much dry/wet food has she eaten since??? Does she seem her usual self??
Well she just had white fish last nigh when we got in. She was bouncing off the walls! They said she`d be sleepy!
Anyway, she seems normal for her today. She`s had a pouch and a half of wet, thats about 150g

I can`t quite believe it but while trying to find out how much is in each pouch, I found a bit that says a 4kg cat should have 4 pouches a day! That seems alot to me. Am I wrong?

She only weighs in at 2 1/2kg at the moment and I`ve only had her 7 days so I`ve no idea what she was getting before. I`m worried I might give her too much too soon, if you know what I mean. She is always starving though.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking for info about constipation, for an issue w/one of my cats, and I found this at http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...megacolon.html

One of the purposes of the colon (large intestine) is the storage of stool. Many pet owners become alarmed if the pet has not passed a stool in a few days, especially in a post-anesthetic situation.
I would say keep an eye on her today. I think the period of fasting throws off their potty schedule a little.

As far as pouch food and recommended feeding amounts...the pouch food is normally a bit higher in moisture than regular canned food, so I think that's why the recommended amounts are a bit higher. The pouches usually say 2 pouches per 5 lbs per day so I think that converts to the same as 1 per kg per day. It's just a "guide" but I would say if she's underweight she should be eating that much or more.

I hope Maisie is feeling better today.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

poop patrol checking in
any signs today ? how's she doing
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Glad the op went well. Any poo today?!
Poop Patrol

There was a small amount of rather soft poo this afternoon!

She also did a little dribble on the carpet too

Originally Posted by beandip

I was looking for info about constipation, for an issue w/one of my cats, and I found this at http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...megacolon.html

I would say keep an eye on her today. I think the period of fasting throws off their potty schedule a little.

As far as pouch food and recommended feeding amounts...the pouch food is normally a bit higher in moisture than regular canned food, so I think that's why the recommended amounts are a bit higher. The pouches usually say 2 pouches per 5 lbs per day so I think that converts to the same as 1 per kg per day. It's just a "guide" but I would say if she's underweight she should be eating that much or more.

I hope Maisie is feeling better today.
Thank you!

She seems pretty good! She is totally obsessed with food though.
Thanks for that link. It was very reassuring.
I`m still keeping a close eye on her potty habits as she`s had a few 'leakages' since I`ve had her. Not sure what that`s about yet.
That`s amazing that they can hold a few weeks worth of poo!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! I am glad I found this thread. I was wondering how your new little girl was doing. Do we get to see any new pics of her soon?!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by berylayn

Yay! I am glad I found this thread. I was wondering how your new little girl was doing. Do we get to see any new pics of her soon?!
Awww! Bless you!

I will see what I can do this afternoon. Did take some more pics but she just doesn`t hold still long enough! Gotta go to work now. Do it when I come home. Promise!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! I am glad to hear she is recovering nicely. She has to be so happy she came in to your life.