Odd things your other halves do....

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I'd start a thread about the weird and wonderful habits our partners have....

mine is....my other half has an annoying habit of singing the 'Timbaland' bits of any Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado or any other Timbaland production song.
I wouldnt mind so much if he didnt say throughout the whole song 'here's my bit coming up...hang on..here we go'....(Timbaland sound effect in stupid voice)

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J worries constantly about whether or not the stove/oven is turned off. When we leave the house, I have to tell him that the stove is turned off, or he will turn around and go check -- it doesn't matter how far away we are when he decides he has to know. This is his only OCD behaviour, thus far, but some of his family members have other examples of OCD, so I keep an eye on him.

Another thing with him is that he absolutely cannot stand to be in the living room without the TV being on. It doesn't matter if he's reading a book or playing on the computer -- the TV must be on. (I'd rather listen to music, if I have to have background noise, but I'm okay with silence.) The TV will be tuned to the most absolutely ridiculous pieces of crap movies and television shows, and he won't bother changing the channel ... He'll just leave it on, so that there's background noise. If I turn it off and then leave the room -- even if just for a minute, like to go to the bathroom -- he'll have turned it back on again. *sigh*

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby wakes up every morning with a different song in his head. He feels compelled to sing me a line or two of said song every morning when he wakes up....sometimes it's a jingle from a commercial. Today it was the new updated Alka Seltzer radio jingle "Plop Plop fizz fizz..

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee likes to holler out. Loudly. His voice is big and carries well. And its annoying. He will sing in the shower at the top of his lungs at 5 AM. Then he won't talk to me until I am upstairs and he is downstairs. Then he feels the need to have a big conversation with me yelling down to him and him up to me. Then he gets mad when I tell him I will just talk to him when he gets upstairs.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My hubby yells random comments at the newscasters while he is watching the news. Even after 21 years of marriage, I can't help but come running every time I hear him shouting.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lakeriedog

My hubby yells random comments at the newscasters while he is watching the news. Even after 21 years of marriage, I can't help but come running every time I hear him shouting.
Okay, I do that, not J. I also yell at commercials and stupid television programs. I have yet to learn how to keep my opinions to myself.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dh has this childish laugh when watching cartoons or scrubs. So annoying! I could have thought of a million things last night. LoL

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colin puts everything in little stacks- coins, keys, you name it!
It drives me crazy! All that's on the dresser is little stacks of things. Why do men do that

He also thing's it's funny to fart and burp every two minutes. It absolutely ticks me off- and i can't get him to stop
I hate it- it's soooo rude!

He also likes to nag- he nags worse than any woman ever dare nag- i tell him he's like an ole' wet hen
He will complaine and be sarcastic if things aren't done just like he likes them - dishes, cooking, you name it- he pushed me too far one day- he made his own darn dinner for a week and did his own dishes! he never did it again

He pretends to dislike my cats and foster kittens- hehe but i catch him several times a day taking my little baby foster kittens out of their carriers and holding them to tell him what nice kitties they are
He's even learned how to bottle feed them
- its soo cute! He's also best buddies with little Kojak now- Kojak sleeps on his chest every night.

the list goes on and on- he's a weirdo! but i love him

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH puts everything & anything on his dresser. I don't know how he finds things. He also YAAAAAWWWWWNNNSS very loudly when he is bored! LoL

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

He also YAAAAAWWWWWNNNSS very loudly when he is bored! LoL
Colin does that too!
I imagine his really loud yawns are what a wearwolf would sound like
The dogs get all excited and hyper when he does it too

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dh removes labels off things. Not like the how to wash your shirt ones, but the logos. Like his backpack...removed the logo sewn on it. Removed the logo off his work gloves, etc. Once in HS when he started this anti-logo campaign of his, he removed the brown logo things off the back of all his jeans....and started to try to get out the grommet like things too! Just because they said the name of whatever brand he was wearing.... And it doesn't matter if it's a cheap-o brand or the most expensive item!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from not listening I can't think of anything odd or annoying that my DH does.

I can however think of odd things I do that I know annoy him.
The one that always makes him really mad is me picking apart tv shows or movies he's trying to watch when they get something wrong.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Tristan has this habit of jumping on me at the wrong times to tickle and poke me. And when i tell him to get off because i may let one rip
he squishes even more and tells me to fart!!! I'm trying to be a lady! lol

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH has OCD traits. We have multiple light switches that turn on the same light. He has a special way they have to be turned on. If the wrong one is flipped up or down he will turn on and off the lights until he gets it to the way he likes.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dan will fart all day...no not like a little fart after a meal but like while we are eating...while we are snuggling in bed
..when he wakes up, while we are watching a movie. and the worst part is he will pull one leg up and push his butt out to do so..like he is forcing it out. I just dont get it

Or he will leave all his laundry IN FRONT OF THE LAUNDRY SHOOT!!! right there in front of it....I just dont get why he doesnt throw it down the shoot...it must take all of 2 seconds to do s0!

but i am sure there are a few things he can say about me

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jake will ask for my advice and then do the opposite of what I say and then he gets frustrated when his way doesn't work. He never listens to me.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Dan will fart all day...no not like a little fart after a meal but like while we are eating...while we are snuggling in bed
..when he wakes up, while we are watching a movie. and the worst part is he will pull one leg up and push his butt out to do so..like he is forcing it out. I just dont get it
I dont get it either lol. Men and gas seem to go hand in hand.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Mine has imaginary "arguments" with himself in the shower! His dad and brother also do this (according to his Mom). He acts out problems he's had with annoying people over the years. Even the cats stare at the bathroom door when he rants! It does take some getting used too...but he's perfectly sane and normal otherwise! The funny thing is, he thinks no one hears him.

MargeCat