Your opinions wanted, by me

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I've decided the best odor controlling litter is Tidy Cats.
Too bad it doesn't clump well.

Does anyone agree? Whats your 2 cents?

I luv the clumping power of World's Best Cat Litter, but the odor control isn't as good as Tidy Cats

It's nice to post here again. I havent posted in ages!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im gonna get crap for this but I like Fresh Step! I know odorless and even clump free is recommended (because of the clay... avoiding an ingestion issue) but this is what I use at the time! Im open for suggestions! I use scented because Tiger drops some serious and deadly waste!

fiftyfour

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like World's Best, it's not too great at odor control, but I keep the litter box in the balcony, so the smell isn't too bad for me.

I used to use Fresh Step which is good with odor control. But the dust was so overwhelming. After a few months, the whole apartment smelled like Fresh Step

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG the dust with fresh step is insane and quite bad for humans to inhale! I remember when I adopted my kitten she wouldn't potty in the litterbox but she would roll around and play in it! Wow did she always smell fresh and pretty lol! My apartment usually lingers of Fresh Step!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

So I've decided the best odor controlling litter is Tidy Cats.
I agree
I have been told many times my house does not smell even though I have 5 cats.

meow meow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I stick with FS scoopable because it is insanely cheap at Costco (and Costco sometimes even gives coupons for it on top of that). It is great with odor, great at clumping but bad for tracking and dust (but I don't really care because it is in my unfinished basement). I will say sometimes my kitty smells like carbon though. But, since he uses his box good, I wouldn't think of changing.

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Right now i'm just trying to find a great litter. I have a mother to be kitty and she is using that Tidy Cat Muti-cat crystals. I'm gonna need something for the kits to learn in the not dangerous.

Can anyone help?

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two cats and have been using wal-marts special kitty clumping crystal litter. It is $6.69 for 28# and comes in a plastic bag. Not too much dust and really clumps well. I've tried others but I like this best of all. I should mention that both of my kitties use the same litter pan.

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we have been using fresh step clumping but it does really make the house smell like fresh step every time I scoop or replace it. This time I got Arm and Hammer multi cat and I like it better, it does not smell as bad that's for sure!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have never used anything but Fresh Step. I hate the scent, but when I put new litter in I put in a ton so that it airs out and the smell fades as I clean it and such.

If they'd make an unscented Fresh Step I'd buy it.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tidy Cats makes my house stink to high heaven! Sorry I can't agree with you!
I think it's possible that it could be different for each cat and household. Body chemistry, room sizes, ventilation.... a lot of factors could make Tidy Cats work for you (and many others) but not for others. I'm glad it works for you though!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used lots, I wanted to like the World's Best Cat litter, Nature's Miracle, and the other natural types but they just didn't do it for my house.
The litter that works best for me is Arm and Hammer Super Scoop or Multi-Cat. I also put some baking soda in it too.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are happy with Fresh Step.

The dust cloud fades soon when you add new litter and you don't smell the litter box when you walk in.

I have 6 cats and 3 litter boxes.
I have tried lots of others and nothing works as well.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i accidentally bought the wrong fresh step, and HOLY COW! talk about DUST!

i'm in the process of checking out some natural litters. the clay scooping litters are making so much dust, my allergies are in overdrive. i'm actually thinking of dumping out the box of fresh step (it's been in for a week). the cats sneeze like crazy and i think it's stinking up my living room like cat litter perfume.

rushrulz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just use Pet Pride. I can't say there are any odor issues with it.

I can't remember what brand it was, but I reacted rather poorly to one, I know. I poured it out and breathed in a little dust, and I was just wracked with this huge, painful cough.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is Arm & Hammer Multi Cats! I use it for all my foster kitties as well as my own! IT's AMAZING on odor!!!
We also use covered litter pans so that helps with the smell.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i personally prefer oder control over clumping. i have really bad allergies and asthma so i have to be carefull what i buy, and my cat likes tidy cats so that is what i usually buy.

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love Tidy cats, but it has to be the kind that says "Tidy Lock" on the side of the bucket. There are still some in a few stores here that are the old version. The tidy lock clumps great and doesn't smell. i have 6 cats and 7 litter boxes.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjk5900

We are happy with Fresh Step.

The dust cloud fades soon when you add new litter and you don't smell the litter box when you walk in.

I have 6 cats and 3 litter boxes.
I have tried lots of others and nothing works as well.
I love Fresh Step too. And my cats don't object! I have 2 cats, three litter pans and a small condo. You can't smell litter box when you walk in the door.