My first poll! Hairballs: How considerate is your kitty?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please see following post (mod messed up in merging threads - Sorry Betsy!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I came out into the living room to find, much to my disgust, a 6-inch long BLONDE furball lying not on, but just BETWEEN two of my couch cushions!
How inconsiderate!

Ginger, at least, makes an attempt to leave them on the floor just outside my bedroom door, so I can find them easily with my bare feet in the mornings. She is a very considerate young lady.

I recall reading that some of you here have awoken to find one on your pillow. Now THAT is a gift.

How considerate are YOUR kitties?

EDIT: This was SUPPOSED to be a multiple-choice poll, but it got confused, sorry! Please feel free to select just one option at the top and explain the rest in your post!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

My cat doesn't get hairballs as far as I know.
As far as I can tell neither of mine get hairballs. We live in a small apartment and they aren't shy about puking where ever they feel like it so I'm sure I'd see a hairball if they left one. I consider myself VERY lucky.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the few that mine do get ususally ends up on my bed spread. I just hate when that happens. If I am around and hear it starting to happen, I will put them on the floor for easier clean up.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As for mine...well, wherever it happens, it happens, but mostly on the floor. Trent and Ginger both seem to have a propensity for getting them. Ophelia has maybe one every year to year and a half. Don't know about Mojo yet.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitters USUSALY will do it on the tile in the kitchen, on a few ocassions she has left them on the carpet in the living room. Though she did it in the bathroom last week in front of the toilet and the other day while she was playing in the tub, must have known she needed to get one out, bolted to her food dish, scarfed a bit down very fast ran back into the tub and proceeded to hurl! It was a nice big hairball! Atleast she knows how to make herself hurl! And the tub was getting cleaned within a few minutes anyways cuz daddy had just started to empty her potty to clean it so, I guess that was the best place she could do it!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie considers them special gifts and tries very hard to urp in places I will be sure to find them. She likes inside my slippers, also goes out of her way to urp on my Grandmother's hand hooked rugs and her hand knitted throws and quilts that are at the foot of my beds. Mollie doesn't get hairballs!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wally does the occasional hacking, but I haven't seen a true hairball in a while. As far as regular vomit, 9 times out of 10, it's on the rug. He can't just be a nice guy and hurl on the smooth kitchen floor, where it can be easily cleaned.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other:
Spaz is considerate and leaves them on the vinyl kitchen floor.

Shadow is my only other hairball kitty, he leaves them any where.
Shelves, desks, chairs, couches, carpet.....

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither of my boys gets hairballs, but Oz has decided that bulimia is the key to his weight-loss (he still needs to lose about a pound before the vet will be happy with his weight). He eats too quickly and then throws up wherever he happens to get the urge. My personal favourite was the time he threw up on our bed ... on my blanket ... over my pyjamas. That was great.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dino is our fur-ball king
he normally has a major hacking session 1st to let me know - so I usually manage to guide him over a towel or some such like

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On the floor. She's had like two so it hasn't been to bad.

We had a cat at the shelter who would barf in his litter box. It was cute b/c he would lay down next to it and kind of hang his head over and vomit, like a drunk over a toliete. He didn't puke much, but when he did it was always a hoot. (i'm not mean, it's just funny to see!)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cindy has had I think two in six years -- on the carpet in the livingroom. I have not seen a single one from Fawn or Suzy. Maybe they have them when they are outside.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually just find them on the floor. Harvey tends to be especially considerate, though...he usually only leaves them on the tile or hardwood floors, not on the carpet.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, I feel really lucky after reading this thread!

Smidge hacks up her hairball to the same place each time on the hardwood floor right outside the kitchen. (I wish she would move in about an extra foot to do it in the kitchen)

One time though, I made the mistake of trying to get a newspaper under her when she started hacking. She took off and circled the room, darting around, to get away from me - lol! That time, she did on my reading chair - d'oh! I've learned to leave her alone from now on - and she is back to her usual spot.

Leaves them in someone's slippers?
that made me larf

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls are AWEFUL about them. Abilene sleeps on the top shelf of the bathroom in my old duplex with my mom....not too long ago i was umm...using the ladies room
(keep in mind her shelf is above the toilet!) and i heard a hacking noise and before i could move i felt something warm all over my head/shoulders. I had never been more grossed out in my life!
The little devil threw up all over me
Needless to say, anytime i need to use the restroom while i'm over there now, i kick Abilene out of there!
My other girls aren't much better
Litte Kojak hasn't had a furball yet- so i'm happy about that!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave Grizzly (the Hairball Queen) a good brushing last night and of course I found a hairball this morning. Bakker once in a while has one but Grizzly is the repeat offender-I just love the way they feel between my bare toes!!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou coughs them up in her litterbox, same with puking.

Such a good girl. She must see her mommie puke into the toilet and decided thats where it goes.

I'm so lucky with her box habits! If she ever does anything outside of it (only happened once) she is visibly embarrassed

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Zissou coughs them up in her litterbox, same with puking.

Such a good girl. She must see her mommie puke into the toilet and decided thats where it goes.

I'm so lucky with her box habits! If she ever does anything outside of it (only happened once) she is visibly embarrassed
Awww! What a good kitty! She needs to teach my kitties that